cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattmutch
Active Contributor

Sync Clipboard works unreliably

I find that the Sync Clipboard works very erratically. I have a computer onwhich it never works. I have a computer onwhich it sometimes works. And I have a computer onwhich it works reliably. I have been unable to find a solution for this issue. 

I have checked whether the option is selected or not, and I have cycled the selection from off to on again.

I have tested different browsers.

I have used the Client.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Client.

I do not know what else to do.

I am a user of paid LogMeIn Pro. All of the computers are now running Windows 10 Pro.

26 REPLIES 26
drwho351
New Contributor

Re: Sync Clipboard works unreliably

I agree

I am having more and more trouble with this app.  Still works pretty solid.  But I am concerned. 

Clipboard rightnow stinks.

😞

mattmutch
Active Contributor

Are you using the LogMeIn application for Windows? Do you find any difference at all if/when you login to logmein.com and use the website to access your remote machines?

I have not seen a difference and perhaps there should be no difference. However, some behaviors I find are different via the application such as a lot of trouble with sudden IP blocking. That is an issue for another thread another time though.
pasproductions
New Contributor

I have the same problem. Clipboard stops working after a few minutes connected. I have to end my remote session, close the Pro Client completely, and start everything up again. I never know whether or not the Clipboard is working, so I end up pasting numbers that are wrong (from my side, not the remote computer), and making big mistakes. This is a major waste of time, and the source of a lot of errors.

pasproductions
New Contributor

Hey, Matt... Just got off the line with tech support. The workaround is this: if you are using keyboard shortcuts to copy (Ctrl-C), hit the C two or three times, instead of just once, to give the clipboard time to load what you are copying. If you are right-clicking and choosing copy, you should not have the problem at all. I wouldn't know, though, because I never use right-click to copy.

SysAdminAXS
New Contributor

I agree, we are paid subscribers to LogMeIn. The clip board sync appears worse than ever recently. Is there a fix coming for this problem?
mattmutch
Active Contributor

I fear the issue is that they don't know why it doesn't work, thus there is no solution. They may not be able to replicate the issue and cannot then diagnose it. 

...or they just don't care.

SysAdminAXS
New Contributor

I tried the suggesed solution, using right click copy and it doesn't work. I have had some luck clicking sync and un-sync clip board in options but it hasn't worked and I'm emailing text back and forth. This is a real problem and we need this fixed. I have no problem using the clipboard in my TeamViewer session. If this doesn't get some attention we'll be switching soon.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@SysAdminAXS  I am sorry for the frustrations.

Could you confirm the software version installed there, and upon what operating systems that cannot share the clipboard?  Have you already called into support to create a case for this problem?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
SysAdminAXS
New Contributor

I run Windows 10 and I try to connect to many different server OS, I was trying to connect to 2012R2 today and couldn't get the clipboard to work.