cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kryan_ng
New Contributor

Unable to control Mac client Catalina 10.15.7

I am unable to control my Mac since updates to the OS and/or LMI occurred sometime last week.  I am running LMI  4.1.0.11759 on the host, and LMI client 4.1.7632 with Catalina 10.15.7 on my local machine.  I am able to connect to my work Mac, but neither the keyboard or mouse input register on the machine.  I also remote to a Windows 10 machine, and have had no issues with it.   When I vnc to my Mac from my Windows machine, I get the LMI accessibility/privacy setting pop-up, click on 'Start Process', and nothing happens.  I close that window, go to the privacy settings and follow the instructions, though the required items are already checked, so I uncheck and recheck them.  I have tried restarting, completely uninstalling and reinstalling LMI; nothing I have found on these boards has worked for me so far.

Any new ideas?  I really need to get this fixed before it starts happening to my users who don't have an alternative machine to remote in.  Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kryan_ng
New Contributor

Re: Unable to control Mac client Catalina 10.15.7

Hi @cmcbride -  I was finally able to get mine to work.  I contacted support and was told the same things as on this forum: uninstall, etc.  I tried one more time with the same results, so I decided to try adding the LMI apps that were not listed in the Privacy-Accessibility settings.  I don't recall exactly which items were already in the list, but I now have LMIGUIAgent.app, LogMeIn Client, LogMeIn Control Panel, and LogMeIn.app.  It might be a fluke, but that is the only thing I have changed and I am able to remote in successfully now.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@kryan_ng  While I do expect some Mac endpoint updates coming soon, have you tried re-installing the LMI software upon the problem mac to see if the Accessibility permissions are allowed to stick?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
kryanng

Hello-  I had tried it before, but I did it again late yesterday.  I was able to control my Mac from my iPad this morning, so hopefully this last time did the trick.  I'll have to wait until I'm back home to really test it.  Thanks for the info, though!

cmcbride
New Contributor

I have had this same issue for several releases of 10.15.x on only 4 Macs, all the same model (MacBook Air, 13", Mid 2013). I have uninstalled/reinstalled LMI multiple times, installed as a Admin user, added all the security exceptions in the System Preferences... I am at a loss as how to make this work on these systems.

Current macOS: 10.15.7

LMI version: 4.1.0.11759 (multiple clean installs)

I can log in, am presented with the screen, but I can not control the mouse or keyboard at all. I would really appreciate some assistance in getting this going.

kryan_ng
New Contributor

Hi @cmcbride -  I was finally able to get mine to work.  I contacted support and was told the same things as on this forum: uninstall, etc.  I tried one more time with the same results, so I decided to try adding the LMI apps that were not listed in the Privacy-Accessibility settings.  I don't recall exactly which items were already in the list, but I now have LMIGUIAgent.app, LogMeIn Client, LogMeIn Control Panel, and LogMeIn.app.  It might be a fluke, but that is the only thing I have changed and I am able to remote in successfully now.

cmcbride
New Contributor

Thank you for the reply - I actually have those all in the Accessibility security settings, and still no keyboard or mouse access. I am sure it is some combination of those permission requests that is causing the issue, as these MacBook Airs have been through several macOS and LMI updates over the years. I am going to try and strip out everything I can in the Application Support  folders, uninstall LMI,  reinstall LMI, hope I can get LMI to request adding all the myriad of permissions again in the Security System Prefs.  If you (or anyone at LMI) has a better idea I would love to hear it.