cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trflmiuser
Active Contributor

Updated client to 1.3.5282 - screen blank behavior has changed.

I don't know what version client I was on previously. 

My Host has two monitors. My Client has three. It would be really nice to use all three. The previous version would show three monitors when I turned screen blanking on. I understand that was a bug, but it was a nice bug as it allowed me to be more productive. 

Today the Client prompted for an update, and after doing so, now turning on screen blanking removes a monitor, so now I only have one. Hitting Options on the toolbar does not show the Monitors button - I can't choose Mutli-Monitor. When I turn screen blanking off, it is back and I am able to turn Mutli-Montor back on. 

6 REPLIES 6
trflmiuser
Active Contributor

Re: Updated client to 1.3.5282 - screen blank behavior has changed.

Looked back to see if I had any responses and realized I forgot to actually ask a question. Hah. 

Is there a way to return to the behavior whereby the LogMeIn Client will give me three virtual monitors when the host only has two?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@trflmiuser   I can ask about this outlier behavior with the team, as I know there are a few more patches coming soon to address known issues. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
N8xman

I have also recently updated the LMI client and now get an endless loop of "attempting to reconnect"

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@N8xman  I'm not aware of any connection changes in the latest version.  Is this happening to all your Host PCs currently?  If so, are they all on the same, shared network? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@trflmiuser  I think we'll need some debug logs from the affected computer.  Are you able to help create a case with Customer Support when you have access to both PCs?  

trflmiuser
Active Contributor

No, not all host PCs. Just clients where the client machine has 3 monitors. 

If I remember correctly, in the spring there was an update wherein the update notes said that it made screen blanking available for more users. In my environment we always had the ability to use screen blanking; maybe it's a different license type. When this update rolled out, there were two consequences if screen blanking was turned on: 1) A laggy mouse cursor and 2) The client user would have more monitor windows than the host machine had monitors. The latter was seen as a positive change. 

I taught the users how to remove "extra" monitors (they appeared in the Windows 10 display settings dialog), but there were a few who grew to enjoy this change (or bug as it were). 

The "extra monitors" thing did appear on several computers in our domain. Not all or even most.