cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Why is Logmein constantly failing with attempting to reconnect messages.

We are using Logmein to support hundreds of computers for many different companies. We are connecting from multiple computers, in multiple locations, with various ISP's, in different states across the US.  We are connecting to clients running Windows 7, 8, and 10, Windows server 2008 and 2012, and Hyper-V virtual servers.  Some Internet connections are 3-10Mbps while others are 300Mbps.  Internet connection speed makes no difference.  Logmein frequently stops responding and isssues the "attempting to reconnect" message. It usually take 2-3 minutes before it will reconnect, or it often times out and disconnects entirely and we have to reconnect.  It comes and goes, often in spurts where most computers at a particular client will start failing--often only staying connected for 15-20 seconds before disconnecting.  We've been dealing with this problem for over a year.  Logmein support has no solution. We've been escalated to level 3 support with no answers.  Years ago this didn't happen with any of these clients.  I could stay connected to 10 computers for 24 hours with no problem.  The only common denominator is we are connecting from Windows 10.  Is there a problem with Windows 10?  I refuse to believe I'm the only person on the planet having problems.  We are having it happen with so many changing variables, so many different environments, so many different connection types.  I'm almost to the point of moving clients to an alternative solution.  Does anyone have any ideas?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Why is Logmein constantly failing with attempting to reconnect messages.

Seems to be an issue since the last upgrade. It's ridicolous the amount of time it takes to reconnect, and needs to be fixed ASAP, especially when time counts. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

If trace route (tracert) and ping show no issues (or if those computers are far behind firewalls that trace route and ping can't be used), I suggest installing something like TeamViewer on one computer (that is having frequent connectivity issues) to see if TeamViewer also fails.

1. Connection failure using TeamViewer means that something in the route between you and your target computer is wrong.

2. No connection failure (with LogMeIn failing at the same time for the same computer) means that LogMeIn is the problem.

Hope this helps.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I haven't tried TeamViewer but I have used RDP.  When I absolutely have to get work done and Logmein keeps failing I resort to RDP which never has a problem.  It's just a pain to use.

Highlighted
New Contributor

We are also in a very similar situation with hundreds of customers systems showing the same issue.  Technicians are highly frustrated.  Did anyone find a resolution to this issue?

Highlighted
New Contributor

hi Larry,  I'm running logmein on a 2014 27 imac running OSX10.12 .  Our connection speeds are over 200 mbps.   I'm only managing 2 remote computers with this config.  I've been struggling with the desktop client repeatedly crashing for over 6 months now.  Resorting to web login with limited features worked for a while. Now the logmein app crashes as it attempts to load each time.  The web portal now will not allow for any live remote screen activity without going to a full white screen and finally reemerging 30 sec later.   A year or so ago things ran pretty smoothly with this same set up.  I guess I'll spend some time with tech support and try to debug whats happening.  I can imagine with your support load all your people must be going crazy with the failure/crash rates.  I wish I had something to offer now.  Maybe after the tech support call I will.

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having same issue.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Beach55dj  Have you done any troubleshooting so far like re-installing the endpoint software?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Good luck AshC.  I've been waiting for over a decade for a solution to my post 4 years ago.  I'm interested to see what suggestions are made for you.  As for me, the problem is significantly annoying and time consuming, but I've learned to live with it.  I just never wanted to go to all the effort to move everything and everyone over to a new solution.