cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Windows updates not showing, says no pending updates

I have a machine that has Windows updates available but it's showing as "No pending updates are available" in the computer list and update tab (of LMI Central). It's has a Green Checkmark Shield.

I remoted into the machine and manually launched Windows Updates and it found 1 Critical and 14 optional updates. I installed the critical and 9 of the optional updates, it is still showing no updates available. It should have 5-optional updates remaining. I have also tried clicking the "Check for updates now" button. I have tried other machines and they show both Critical and Optional updates.

Host: Windows XP Pro SP3

Installed: LMI Pro v4.01.0000.1560

17 REPLIES 17
New Contributor

Re: Windows updates not showing, says no pending updates

I couldn't wait any longer, so I called Tech Support. They're suggesting to check Group Policy settings to ensure that the user has credentials to login. We'll try that out.

Active Contributor

Just another BS answer from their brutal tech support.. from what I can see it has nothing to do with the client computer and everything to do with the way logmein console reads the available updates as this is a problem that is happening more and more.  I have found when a computer says there are updates available, to first click  CHECK FOR AVAILABLE UPDATES and quite often this will result in no updates, even though when you leave that computer it will still show the yellow tag stating there are... hopefully one of these days LMI will actually fix some of these issues that we all pay for!

New Contributor

It sounds clearly like a product problem.  I have 3 computers I manage for the family.  All are completely out-of-sync with the update situation.  I've had both situations:

1. Showing  updates available but the local computer shows none.
  2. Showing none and 7 exist on computer.

What's more frustrating is I try to run the remote refresh on the available updates, and it clears nothing. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

I am having the same problem.  Been this way for weeks.  Nothing I have tried has cleared the issues.  Reinstalling, force update, etc... still no luck.  Good times!

New Contributor

I manage 4 PC's.  The 3 Windows 7 Prof units all have this problem.  The older Windows XP Pro is fine with a green circle checkmark.  No refresh on updates has helped.  First noticed the issue about mid April.

Active Contributor

I should elaborate a little more.. I'm run my own IT business.. about 400 computers so yeah, I'm very familiar with this problem and see it a lot lately.. that is why I said just another BS answer from their tech support.  Lets hope the repairs (today) will fix some of this.

New Contributor

Same issue here....and i have about as many as Diggs......really wish we had better tech support or knowledges bases to assist. This has been an ongoing issue for too long now.

Active Contributor

Enough is enough and not getting help through the normal 'tech support" I figured I would try out the 'recommend' feature within the logmein central program... to much amazement, I received a response in under 2 hours and this is what the response was:

Thanks for letting us know that this feature is important to you.

We’ve found this issue and have just recently found the root cause. It involves two components on our side, one of which is already fixed.

Basically what happens is, that the aggregated patch information is miscategorized.

The fix should be live sooner rather than later, hopefully in the next few weeks.

Thank you for your patience!

Mate Navay   |  Product Owner  - Central
Andrássy út 9, II. em, 1061 Budapest, Hungary 
LogMeIn.com   |   O. +36-1-462-6013   |  F. +36-1-413-6996

So, it appears I may not have to resign from using the Logmein Services after all!

New Contributor

Well that is great to know!  Thank you for the update :-)