cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Cannot Launch Remote Control Session

Im quite suprised this has not come up on the forums due to this being such a big problem in our company with this software.

After giving a customer a pin code and they hit the run twice, it will just sit in limbo, on the LMI side we will get the option to Launch Remote Control Session, when I click on this it just says "user has denied access" otherwords the hit the "No" key to letting us on there computer, only problem with this is the customer never gets  prompt to say yes, no. It just almost immediately gives us the option to hit "Launch Remote Control Session" again, if you keep hitting this is just keeps doing the samething.. We have found that this will happen with 2 or 3 pin codes before resolving itself. On the customer side the LMI consule locks up and has to be ended with task manager. Very annoying and LMI never had this problem till a recent update. Any ideas LMI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Contributor

Re: Cannot Launch Remote Control Session

Hi,

I apologize for any problems you've run into in getting this case resolved.  I will be in direct email contact with you shortly.

Jeremy Soltys
LogMeIn Customer Support Rep
13 REPLIES
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

I certainly hope that someone has an answer for you.  (Either an employee or another user.)  But since you specifically asked for a response from LogMeIn, you should really go through the official support channels by using the "Support" links at the top of every page.
Andy Stefano
Community Relationship Manager, LogMeIn Inc.
New Contributor

this is me again, under different name... I had this happen again today. I dont care who I get a response from just hope that I get some kind of response, this problem seems to be getting worse and worse, I dont know what happened in the last LMIR update but you really need to revert back, this is locking up the logmein program running on the clients computer and requires them to reboot or endtask for it to go away. This occurs problem 1 out every 5 connections on average.
New Contributor

Well LMI support wasnt as great as I thought, I recieved one email from LMI support and after my response back I still havent recieved any sort of resolution on this issue. For how much my compnay chips out for LMI its suprising that nobody cares to assist. Amazing.
New Contributor

I encountered the same problem. 
New Contributor

Hellooooooo anybody work at lmi???? or maybe can you give me an update on my ticket "LogMeIn Rescue Case # 00385831" this has become a serious problem with this product I NEED A RESOLUTION, please reply to my emails!
Contributor

Hi,

I apologize for any problems you've run into in getting this case resolved.  I will be in direct email contact with you shortly.

Jeremy Soltys
LogMeIn Customer Support Rep
New Contributor

LogMeIn Rescue Case: 00385831

"configured to automatically restart at the system service level.  When we disabled the system service auto-restart, it seemed to fix the problem.
"

You were right jeremy thanks for your response, after testing this seems to fix the issue. Thank you!!

New Contributor

I've got exactly the same issue with one of my customers. I did not understand the solution that was provided here: "configured to automatically restart at the system service level.  When we disabled the system service auto-restart, it seemed to fix the problem."

Can someone please explain what has to be done to resolve the issue. Obviously it has to be on the customer's side since I don't have the same issue with any other customer.

An urgent response will be much appreciated. Thanks.

New Contributor

I think it's this in

administration center / channel settings / customer applet

Automatically start as Windows System Service:

if customer has administrative rights 
 and UAC is enabled 

clear both boxes.