cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Client has Black Screen with Logmein Rescue

Hi
after connecting to one of our clients via logmein rescue, the screen is black. The customer in front of the PC has full functionality - but our screen is black. We have full access to the pc (mouse moves, can file transfer, get system info). Just cant see anything on the screen. We have:
1. Updated windows (XP SP2)
2. Disabled firewalls.
3. Updated video card drivers

does not happen for our other customers. any help would be greatly appreciated.
10 REPLIES
New Contributor

RE: Client has Black Screen with Logmein Rescue

Is this still happening?  What version Tech Console are you running?  You can find this by clicking Options> About LogMeInRescue in the Tech Console.

Thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rick Dill | Sales Engineer
www.LogMeIn.com
Support. 800.993.1790
New Contributor

i am using 4.0.216
New Contributor

Hi i answered your question regarding the version used. Would you have any advice for us?

Regular Contributor

I am not familiar with RESCUE or any of its PREFERENCES, but I do know that many times with the FREE or PRO version of the program, when this happens, there is an easy solution.

There is an option called MIRROR DISPLAY.  If you have this option in RESCUE, try to disable it, and see if that works.  It handles the display function differently when it is unchecked.

As I say, I know it is an option in the FREE and PRO, but not sure about RESCUE.

--

KGHalbe

(DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an employee of LMI, nor do I have any financial concern in LMI. I am strictly a HAPPY USER of LMI products. I am using PC version and XP SP2. Other systems or versions may act different than described above.)
New Contributor

If you are still having this problem, I would check and install all these on the clients computer.

Latest DirectX
Latest Chipset Software (Intel's Chipset software/SIS AGP Gart Driver/VIA 4in1/
Latest Video Driver (uninstall old driver first, do not install the new driver "over" the older one, if you do some files a registry settings may not be removed correctly.
Check your customers Monitor manufacturer site for a driver if the monitor is being detected as PlugNPlay.
Check the computers screen refresh rate.
New Contributor

waw is good
New Contributor

hi - thanks for your help GMore. i will give that a go and let you know.
New Contributor

Same problem here with rescue and logmein for a particular client.

Setting the logmein to java fixed the issue for this product.
Unfortunately I have not found a fix for rescue, kinda disappointing since I just switched to this product from a competitors product a couple days ago.

New Contributor

I also have the problem with black screen on a clients Windows XP Pro SP2 PC.  What should the refresh rate be?  Is there any resolve for this?  Thanks.