cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Connection Lost...Attempting to reconnect to your session.

Hello LogMeIn Community,

I’m hoping that you could assist with helping me understand why I’m having a problem with being able to connect to an end user?

In the past I have been able to do LogMeIn sessions with the user (using LogMeInRescue Technician Console 7.8.2847 (64bit)), but recently I can’t seem to be able to get it to work with the user. When we attempt to connect the session, we keep getting a “Connection Lost….Attempting to reconnect to your session.”

An example of this issue is with our session ID 420586029. In the left side panel, I have the following series occur, and it keeps attempting to connect and the customer session ID is in an Active status:
- Connecting to: control.app04-15.logmeinrescue.com(64.74.103.161:443)

- Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-CGM-SHA384 256bits)]

- Switched to P2P

- The connection to the customer was lost. This session will reconnect if and when the customer re-established a network connect.

The user has an internet connection and is connected to internet (they can get to google and do searches) , they indicate that they are not receiving any security prompts.

What could possibly be causing this?

Greatly appreciate your help. :-)

10 REPLIES 10
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Connection Lost...Attempting to reconnect to your session.

Hi there,

Firstly, can you make sure that the person you are on the most up to date version of the tech console:
http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/Downloads/Technician-Console-Desktop-App/?l=en_US

After that, It sounds like there may be something on your client end that isn't allowing the connection to go through- possibly a block by a 3rd party software, can you take a look at your anti-virus or firewall and try whitelisting our url's- you can find the full list from our help page here:
Article URL: http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Whitelisting-and-LogMeIn

If that does not work, the issue may be related to a setting in Internet Explorer that relates to how it's security settings effect LMI

Can you try the following settings for internet explorer? (it refers to our Rescue product but is also valid for pro)

http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Communication-Error-in-Rescue-Tech-Console-and-Site-Unacc...

Please let me know if you have further issue after this and I would be happy to help!

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a star with the Kudos button.

Need more help? Search the knowledge base or contact Customer Care.
Highlighted
New Contributor

We are having the exact same issue and changing the internet explorer settings has made no change. I cannot connect back to our company's computers ourside of the main network. I know it isn't a 3rd party blocking the connection as I have one Windows tablet that for some crazy reason does work. Every other computer and connection we have tried gets caught in the connection lost, reconnect loop. 

It is to the point now that if this doesn't get resolved, we will have to find another service to use for remote support. 

@Mharris: could you tell us more about the scope of the issue? Does it occur with some clients or all of them?

New Contributor

I am having the same exact issue for one partiular LogMeIn client (user.) I set up my own LogMeIn trial to troubleshoot and am able to successful initiate and connect remote sessions to the affected computer. I am unable to connect sessions with just this one LogMeIn client (user) seemingly. They report they don't use any customizations (port changes, etc.) with their LogMeIn sessions.

From my research LogMeIn uses ports 80 and 443 and given that these are the standard HTTP/HTTPS ports I've confirmed these are indeed allowed in the firewall and in practice on the machine.

Below is the error that the party trying to remote in recieves:

http://oi66.tinypic.com/2en6z55.jpg

On my end (the machine trying to be connected to) it reports in the log "connected, disconnected, connected.." etc. and just never connects.

I've confirmed IE settings are configured per your suggestions (SSL 2.0/3.0 off, TLS 1.0 enabled.)

I've confirmed in the hardware firewall logs that all traffic is being allowed and nothing is being blocked during the timeframe of sessions being initiated.

I've confirmed no anti-virus is running on the machine (it conflicts with the software running on the device) and that Windows Firewall is disabled on the machine.

I'm at a loss as to what is causing this.

Thanks,

Darrell

New Contributor

Unfortunately, yes it's all of my client computers. We cannot connect back to any of the computers at the office from outside of the network except on one of my devices, so I know it's not a network connecction issue. We have followed the steps to rule out the firewalls, antivirus, and SSL TLS switches. We've tried multiple computers on different connectsions and we get the same result over and over.

0:0:21 0 0 0:9:47 PM Connecting...
0:0:69 0 0 0:9:47 PM control.app05-02.logmeinrescue.com (63.251.34.130), port: 443
0:0:107 0 0 0:9:47 PM Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 256 bits)
512:0:23 0 0 0:9:47 PM Switched to P2P
512:0:137 0 0 0:9:47 PM The connection to the customer was lost. This session will reconnect if and when the customer reestablishes a network connection.
512:0:29 0 0 0:9:47 PM Disconnected (Applet)
513:0:21 0 0 0:9:48 PM Connecting...
513:0:69 0 0 0:9:48 PM control.app05-02.logmeinrescue.com (63.251.34.130), port: 443
513:0:77 0 0 0:9:48 PM Connecting to: control.app05-02.logmeinrescue.com (63.251.34.130:443)
513:0:107 0 0 0:9:48 PM Connected to Applet (Elliptic Curve Diffie-Hellman 2048 bits, ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384 256 bits)
513:0:23 0 0 0:9:48 PM Switched to P2P
513:0:137 0 0 0:9:48 PM The connection to the customer was lost. This session will reconnect if and when the customer reestablishes a network connection.
513:0:29 0 0 0:9:48 PM Disconnected (Applet)
513:0:21 0 0 0:9:48 PM Connecting...
513:0:69 0 0 0:9:48 PM control.app05-02.logmeinrescue.com (63.251.34.130), port: 443

Hey there,

From what you are showing in that snippet of the chat, that still looks like i t may be a connection blockl occurring- if nopt at your end, then at your customers' end.

If you are still having issue, again please check thw following:

Article URL: http://help.logmein.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Whitelisting-and-LogMeIn

I hope this helps!

New Contributor

If that were the case, why am I able to connect to the computers using the same internet connection but on my one device that always connects? I have a windows tablet that I can always get to connect even though all my other computers don't. We've tried that url and whitelisted all of the LogMeIn URLs with no luck.

There can be a variety of reasons for that such as the tablet being under a separate group policy or different proxy than the other machines when it connects. 

What i would recommend at this stage is giving us a call and 1 of our reps can login and take a look further, our list of contact numbers can be found here:

https://secure.logmein.com/home/en/support/contact-us?_ga=1.22631295.579913343.1448452638

New Contributor

Ports 1152 and 1153.

These were the cause. We had to sniff packets to discover that the P2P connection method requires these ports. The initial connection to LogMeIn is initialized over 443 but once connected it attempts a P2P handoff from client to host on 1152 and 1153. We opened up both UDP and TCP to be safe even though our packet sniffing said it was only UDP.

Defining these two ports in addition to 443 in our applicable firewall policy resolved our issues.

Cannot find any documentation from LogMeIn that says these ports are required...frustrating!

Darrell