cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
petecahalane
Active Contributor

How to add an admin to a single tech group and not as a base-level admin?

How do we add an admin just to a single tech group and not as a base-level admin?  Following the documentation does not give the options it specifies.

Page 13 of the admin documenation specifies that this is an option. 

Rescue_admin_center_userguide.pdf

Our master admin is not able to do this.  On Step 1 our master admin does not get the "create administrator" option when trying to add an admin to a tech group.  We want 2 admins for single technician group but not to have access to EVERY technician group or computer.  Is this possible? The documentation makes it sound like this is possible.  

Thanks,

- PC 

5 REPLIES 5
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Re: How to add an admin to a single tech group and not as a base-level admin?

Hello petecahalane!

Thank you for your question! Yes it is possible. You should create admins under the Administrator node, not under the Master Administrators node. And simple you have to drag and drop the new admins into specific Technician Groups. Those new admins will be able to manage only their own Technician Groups that are they linked in.

I hope I could answer to you question.

Regards,
Sandor

petecahalane
Active Contributor

We did create admins under the admin node and not under the master admin node. I am logged in now as an admin (not a master admin) and can see that I am in one of our technician groups.  I also have access to see all the other groups though, which should not be allowed. Is there a way to limit my access to nly the technician group that I am assigned to? Is there a way to resolve this? 

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello again!

I'm sorry for the unclear answer. You, as a restricted admin will see the other groups and their settings, but you can only change the permissions or settings under your groups.

Be advised, if your admin is attached to a group, that has subgroups, than your admin will be admin in those groups as well. And an Admin node can be attached to multiple groups too.

Regards,

Sandor

petecahalane
Active Contributor

Is there a way to only have read permissions on the group an admin is assigned to? For instance, our master admin only wants admins to be able to see groups that they are assigned to and not see all other groups. 

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

I am sorry, but there is no option to restrict the admins' read rights.

There are only two specific cases, the report only and Command Center only admin's permissions.
If you create an admin group under the Administrators, than you can set specific restrictions to the related group members. The Command Center only admin cannot start the Admin Center at all. The Report only admins are only able to get reports on their groups, but the other tabs are hidden for them in their Admin Center.