cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbugiani
New Contributor

Invalid Administrator username or password. Error code (1722)

Hi everybody, my name is Piero, from Florence (Italy)

I am having a connection problem (Invalid Administrator username or password. Error code (1722)) trying to connect via Logmein Tech Console (v. 7.12.3306 64 bit) from my pc to a host pc on a different domain.

When I receveid the connection dialog to insert user&password, i try to use a local admin user of the host pc but i received:

[2018-05-10 4:24:28 PM] Starting session on device 10.20.35.21...
[2018-05-10 4:25:27 PM] Invalid Administrator username or password. Error code (1722)

The user&password of the remore pc is correct, so i tried to do the same starting from a different pc (with same version of Logmein Tech Console) which is in the same domain of the host pc and this time it works, i can connect inserting user&password (as done before)

Tried with and witout proxy settings (just to be sure).

Did you get any cross domain connection error like this in your Logmein usage?

Thanks

Piero

6 REPLIES 6
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Re: Invalid Administrator username or password. Error code (1722)

Hello pbugiani!

Thank you for the feedback. There are some requirements of the Connect on LAN feature. Please read our manual on page 30-31.

Some of the windows updates set back to default of these settings. Usually the remote registry service is stopped or disabled after a recently windows update. It should be started manually or automatically.

I hope it will help you!

Regards,

Sandor

pbugiani
New Contributor

Hi Sandor

for the moment I checked only for the Remote Service (started or not).

On our PC the default is 'not enabled' but even if i start it on a remote PC to test, the problem remains the same.

I am going on reading manual LAN Conn pa. 30-31 as you suggested and let you know asap

Thanks

Piero

pbugiani
New Contributor

Hi Sandor

verified all the Technical Information for Advanced Users (manual 30-31): everything seems to be correct.

My problem seems to be only for the EUROPEAN remote pc (domain SHOP) cause in the remote pc in USA/CANADA (domain SHOP too) I am able to insert admin&password and login into the pc. For the EUROPEAN I am able to insert admin&password but it refuses it (even if correct) with error 1722.

My network dept. confirms me there are no drops on Firewall, so if all the Tech Information for Advanced Users are correct as I checked, I guess the problem is on the remote client itself.

Any suggestion to verify?

Piero.

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello pbugiani!

Thank you for the clarification. I have a last idea, could you try it with our Beta Technician Console please?
You should just login our beta site to be able to download the newest TC or you can wait until this Thursday when we are updating the next TC versions on Live in the download section.

Regards,
Sandor

pbugiani
New Contributor

Hi Sandor

tested the Logmein Tech Console Beta (v.7.12.3315) but the problem remains the same.

Is there any way to get a more detailed errog log when the login fails?

I mean...the log I get from the tech console is not so detailed..is there a way to run the connection in a debug mode? Cause, as I said before, I am able to connect to a different PC (USA) in the same domain without problem (the problem is on EUROPEAN pc on the same US domain) so with a more detailed log maybe i could be able to get the difference between these 2 remote pc.

Thanks

Piero

sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hi pbugiani!

I'm sorry but I cannot help you more in this community page. Yes there is a reg key, where we can enable the detailed logging. But I advise you to call our contact numbers, they can collect all of the necessary logs to be able to continue the investigation.

Best,
Sandor