cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joelcresswell
Active Contributor

Managing script repo

Hello

I'm just looking for a bit of advice regarding maintaining a script repository. I notice when i look at an exported XML backup of a script collection it has a couple of ways to specify a path to a script file. Currently i use <file> and then a path to a network share (\\share\scripts) but i was wondering if there was a convenient way to store these scripts on the internet in a way that i can manage.

I notice there is functionality in the Rescue Administration Center to just click "Add Script" and that seems to upload it somewhere onto the internet but doing that for more than a couple of scripts would become cumbersome. In the XML export for a collection with one such script i notice

<storageid></storageid>
    <path>script.bat</path>

I've redacted the storage ID here, but is there any way to access the storage this ID points to? Does it conform to a standard i could use to host my own repo and just put my own storage ID in there? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
joelcresswell
Active Contributor

Re: Managing script repo

Ok cool i've figured this out. 

A valid entry for pulling a script file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<scripts version="3.0">
  <script id="7238">
    <name>Test</name>
    <storageid></storageid>
    <path>http://webserver.com/test.bat</path>
    <description></description>
    <ostype>0</ostype>
    <locationtype>1</locationtype>
    <autostartorder></autostartorder>
  </script>
<scripts>

The location type seems to need to be 1. Leaving script ID empty i was still able to import. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
sv5
GoTo Contributor
GoTo Contributor

Hello joelcresswell!

Thank you for your question. I would like to answer to the first part of your question.
Please read our on Admin Center guide on page 84-86. You can upolad multiple script collections into our cloud and you can share those with your technician groups.

Regards,
Sandor

joelcresswell
Active Contributor

Hi Sandor. 

The page doesn't give the option to upload multiple scripts at a time, in addition i'd like to manage the scripts myself and using the XML import option has been the most convenient way so far. 

Is there any way of using any internet source, like HTTP links for example in the XML file as a source for the files?

joelcresswell
Active Contributor

Ok cool i've figured this out. 

A valid entry for pulling a script file is as follows:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<scripts version="3.0">
  <script id="7238">
    <name>Test</name>
    <storageid></storageid>
    <path>http://webserver.com/test.bat</path>
    <description></description>
    <ostype>0</ostype>
    <locationtype>1</locationtype>
    <autostartorder></autostartorder>
  </script>
<scripts>

The location type seems to need to be 1. Leaving script ID empty i was still able to import.