cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_C
Visitor

Problem installing Support-LogMeInRescue on MacOS Big Sur 11.2

Hello, 

I was going to take a TOEFL exam on my Mac computer running latest Big Sur 11.2. 

TOEFL exam is held by ProctorU.com which asked me to install a file named Support-LogMeInRescue. 

My computer asked for a permission to run this application, I prompted, and then nothing happens. The installation does not proceed. 

ProctorU support team say the issue is due to the newest Big Sur update which prevents this application from running. 

I missed my exam as a result.

Does anyone know the solution? Will this issue be fixed? Or how can I overcome the issue?

Thanks to everyone in advance

3 REPLIES 3
Jpbbernardo
New Contributor

Re: Problem installing Support-LogMeInRescue on MacOS Big Sur 11.2

I had the exact same issue today and missed my TOEFL test. I am hoping to find a resolution to this issue.
Gibson231
Visitor

LogMeIn File manager crashes when opening in Big Sur. I am able to connect to Windows 10 compute but File Manager not working/crashing.

PrepaidGiftBalance

danselmi

I have the same problem, with MacOS 11.3.1 (Big Sur, May '21). Not using this for a test but when calling customer support for an anti-virus product.

When I first do the install (from the support page here) a window opens with an error about the connection failing because some files are corrupt. After that trying to run the app or redo the install does nothing (zip, zilch, nada).

Same issue reported from the supporter's side here.

Here is a post that says the beta (from fall of '20) will fix it. But the latest from April '21 seems to do the same thing.

It's kind of funny since I'm calling anti-virus tech support about the same kind of problem with their product. Maybe MacOS is too hard.