cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brainstormpc

Re: Rescue Script Repository Thread- Share your scripts

I am sorry I can't download your scripts, I can't seem to find the link.  Could you let me know if they are still available for download?  Thanks

Rob H
Retired GoTo Contributor

Brainstormpc,

Our apologies, the links have been restored.

Rob H
LogMeIn Sales Engineer
MJ_Gravina
New Contributor

Hey everyone,

I am trying to see how I can use the Rescue's Script feature for a software upgrade my company will be running in a couple of months.

The upgrade would include tasks such as:

- Downloading an .exe file to the PC and installing it.

- Copying an .xml file into a specific directory in the Remote C Drive.

- Removing a couple of older files (Clean up) from the Remote PC.

Some trivia, I am working 100% with Win machines, mostly XP. And my target, is over 1500 Client Computers. 

In short, if I were able to implement a Script, then all I would have to do is deploy a Calling Card, and as my customers connect, the activation of the script would take care of the software upgrade.

Any suggestions as to which language to use to make the best of LMI Rescue's script? XML? VB?

Thanks for your help and comments. 🙂

gomobo75
Active Contributor

Basic but effective:

CHKDSK with F option on next reboot

-->copy the line below to a text doc and changde extension to .cmd or .bat

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Y|chkdsk c: /f

--> you can also use the /r switch

My 2 cents.

MJ_Gravina
New Contributor

Pretty basic Scripts question:

I am scripting to copy a file (.exe) from my C:\update.exe (locally, listed as such on the Resources in the Script manager), but in the BATCH file, I do not know how to reference the file.

Tried using

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Running LinkUp v2.02 Update

update.exe /RUN

Where is the resource file copied on the remotely controlled PC?

Anyone's help is appreciated !! 🙂

gomobo75
Active Contributor

I did a test using your code and the file was stored in this folder:

C:\Users\[User Account Name here]\AppData\Local\Temp\LMIR0001.tmp\Script_6\update.exe

It seemed to run OK using another .exe file. No errors.

This was a Windows 7 x64 System. I think it will not be consistent across different version of Windows; The LMIRxxxx.tmp folder is stored under C:\Windows\Temp\ in Windows XP, so if you plan to include it in a script it you should use system variables (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable)

Also note, that if there are previous LMIRxxxx#.tmp folders under the system TEMP folder left over by previous connections to the computer, your active LMIRxxxx#.tmp folder is not going to end in 1 but with another number.

Hope this helps.

wekalegs
Visitor

Hi Rob H I must be dumb but where are the attached files??

jesus_moreno85

Hello Rob,

I tried using your script this way:

@echo off wmic bios get serialnumber > tmp.txttype tmp.txt

but I get (no output) in the Tech Console. I am trying to gather the computer serialnumber/asset tag using the above command. If you could assist me with this issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks.

scrappy1855

We use our Rescue Scripts Primarily as a fast and easy way to support non-admin users with our valid Domain credentials. When you remotely connect to a user, if you enter your administrator credentials and then restart the applet as a service you have power to run any script as administrator . We are allowing our lower level techs use it to execute .cpl files (appwiz.cpl,ncpa.cpl, ect.) wiithout having to have alot of knowledge of how to get to those features through the system root. We also have scripts that will stop and restart services that the user typically wouldn't have access to and you'd have to go to  run services.msc or compMgt.msc using runas to get full functionality. Here are a few that we use every day.

I would recommend to MODS though that Logmein Rescue needs to make it easier for larger organizations that use these scripts to send them to the users who need them. Perhaps even allow a "Management" Function to allow other users to have rights to created scripts. Right now I have a job that will import a registry file with the created scripts for the user who needs them. I'm posting the script commands below that we use but i'm not seeing how to attach resource files so if you would like to see my source files then i'll be more than happy to send them to you.

<script>

<name>Add/Remove Programs</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\OpenControlpanelcpls\appwiz.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Computer Management</name> <file>C:\Rescue_scripts\OpenControlpanelcpls\CompMgt.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Control Panel/ Network Connections</name> <file>C:\Rescue_scripts\OpenControlpanelcpls\controlPanel.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Task Manager</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\TaskMgr\TaskMgr.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Nomad Jobs - 1. - Stop Service</name> <file>C:\Rescue_scripts\ServiceJobs\StopService.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Nomad Jobs - 2. - Start Nomad</name> <file>C:\Rescue_scripts\ServiceJobs\StartService.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Open XCHViewer</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\AfariaXchviewer\xchviewer.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Cisco PCF Import</name>

<file>C:\rescue_scripts\CiscoPCF\CiscoPCFs.bat</file> <resource>C:\rescue_scripts\CiscoPCF\CiscoPCFs.exe</resource>

<script> <name>chkdsk</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\Chkdsk\chkdsk.vbs</file>

<script>

<name>Clear Temp Files</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\ClearTempFiles\cleartempfiles.bat</file>

<script> <name>Spooler Cleaner</name> <file>C:\Rescue_scripts\Spooler_Clean\startspoolcleaner.bat</file> <resource>C:\Rescue_scripts\Spooler_Clean\spoolcleaner.bat</resource>

<script> <name>Defrag C Drive</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\DiskDefrag\Defrag.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Uninstall IE8_Visual-Passive</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\REMOVE_IE8\IE8Uninstall_visual.bat</file>

<script>

<name>Uninstall IE8 Silent-No Visual</name>

<file>C:\Rescue_scripts\REMOVE_IE8\IE8Uninstall_silent.bat</file>

<script>

<name>User Password Cache</name> <file>C:\Rescue_scripts\OpenControlpanelcpls\Userpasswords.bat</file>

tlsitsupport
Visitor

Hi Rob, I've got over a 120 scripts loaded into the Technician Console. It's becoming really hard to manage. The worst part is looking for a script to Deploy. Could I make a suggestion to add a filter or fast search to the Scripts area for both Deploying and Managing of scripts? This would be extremely helpful and greatly speed up the deploying of scripts. It would also be helpful if one could add categoriesand be able to manage and deploy the scripts that way as well. One long list is just not very practical.

A FAST SEARCH OR FILTER FOR SCRIPTS WOULD BE HIGHLY DESIRABLE!

Thanks.