cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Rescue console has a very small font size

It's almost impossible to read in the chat. Is it possible to adjust the text to be more readable?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Rescue console has a very small font size

Hello NerdGuy,

Thanks for the question! Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to change the font size in the Chat box in the LogMeIn Rescue Technican Console, but it's a great suggestion. I'll be sure to pass your feedback to the appropriate department for consideration.

If you have any other suggestions regarding any of our products, please feel free to submit them to feedback@logmein.com

If you have any questions of a support nature, you can also contact us directly:

https://secure.logmein.com/contactus

Regards,

Kevin Watson
Technical Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
Email: kwatson@logmein.com
5 REPLIES
Retired LogMeIn Contributor

Hello NerdGuy,

Thanks for the question! Unfortunately, it's not currently possible to change the font size in the Chat box in the LogMeIn Rescue Technican Console, but it's a great suggestion. I'll be sure to pass your feedback to the appropriate department for consideration.

If you have any other suggestions regarding any of our products, please feel free to submit them to feedback@logmein.com

If you have any questions of a support nature, you can also contact us directly:

https://secure.logmein.com/contactus

Regards,

Kevin Watson
Technical Support Representative
LogMeIn, Inc.
Email: kwatson@logmein.com
New Contributor

Just purchased an HP Spectre X360 on 25Mar2016, and needed customer support.  My window resolution is 3840X2160.  When connected to HP the chat window was 1" square, and the text was fully unreadable.  There was no way to expand the window size or make the text larger.  I recomended to HP that they stop using LogMeIn until this is resolved, and this is VERY poor customer support.  HP promises a call back to me within 48 Hours to discuss, I likely will return this computer to Best Buy and purchase one that is not supported using the LogMeIn Tool.

LogMeIn, hopefully you are listening to this, as this issue is going to run you out of business if you don't take care of an issue that has been with you since 2012!  that is 4 years ago!!!

Bill

New Contributor

LogMeIn did contact me....

Hello William,

Thank you for contacting LogMeIn.

It has indeed been brought to our attention that the Rescue client chat window was too small for high-resolution devices. This is already beeing worked on by our developers, and will be fixed in an upcoming update of the client application.

Thanks a lot for your report, and let me apologize for the inconvenience.

Best regards,
Sylvain

Sylvain | Technical Support Representative
LogMeIn

New Contributor

An additional 2 years on and this is still not fixed. 

One of our customers uses Surface Pro devices which have a resolution of 2736 x 1824

When doing remote support from them they have to copy the text into a Word document or a notepad just to read what we have advised. 

A fix would be appreciated, even the ability to stretch the window or up the font size would be ideal. 

Upping the resolution of the device fixes this but this is not a solution, this is a workaround for when the user is wanting remote support not a permanent fix.

LogMeIn Contributor sv5
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello @TadWalsh !

Actually the issue has been fixed a while. Could you share your applet's version number?
You should press Ctrl+L on the applet and the version number will be in the first line e.g.: 7.9.411.1899 or 7.11.415.2093. And the Ctrl+ mousewheel should freezoom the text size in the applet.

Regards,
Sandor