cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Scripts..?

Hello all..

I have been giving some thoughts to the use of scripts and thinking through the benefits.  Would like to know what some of you are using scripts for?

Thanks.

CAR
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Active Contributor

RE: Scripts..?

I deploy business cards.
send scripts to gather system information.
do virus and spyware scans and installations.
Matt Davis
CEO
Nerds On The Net
1-877-627-1073
www.nerdsonthenet.com
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Out of interest, is the scripting facility in Rescue the same as it is in IT Reach, can anyone answer this?

If so, I would be very interested in seeing some sample scripts, especially for installations, etc.

Any examples available?

Regards

Alan
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Spyware and Virus scans??? Can you share some further information on this.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I have never really done scripting for IT reach, but I would imagine it being simular, but without some of the features IT reach gives you.

as for my spyware and virus scans, I scripted a spyware and virus scanner to silently install and scan from the command line, so all I have to do is hit a key combo and it installs a virus/spyware scanner and does the scan and cleans the computer.

saves lots of time and my techs can focus on other issues that need direct attention.
Matt Davis
CEO
Nerds On The Net
1-877-627-1073
www.nerdsonthenet.com
Highlighted
New Contributor

ORIGINAL: Matt D

as for my spyware and virus scans, I scripted a spyware and virus scanner to silently install and scan from the command line, so all I have to do is hit a key combo and it installs a virus/spyware scanner and does the scan and cleans the computer.

saves lots of time and my techs can focus on other issues that need direct attention.

Matt D

Would you mind sharing the script that you wrote or give us some more details?

Thanks!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: RE: Scripts..?

I would like to see some examples or some kind of guide as how this feature can be used.

I like automation for efficiency and optimization, and would love to explore this for our benefit.

Thanks.