cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Letech

Difficulty controlling client's OS X Catalina

Hello,

When I remote control a customer's mac running macOS Catalina, I can see background,

top bar and LMIrescue window but I can't see all other windows on Mac.

In June, before the last macOS Catalina update , your article How-can-I-remote-control-a-customer-s-Mac-running-macOS-Catalina worked well for Catalina.

But now, when I go into Systeme Preferences > Security & privacy > all LMIrescue are checked in Accessibility/ Full disk Access/ Screen recording but it doesn’t work. The customer cannot uncheck to recheck Lmirescue.

The only thing possible is in Accessibility > "+" > Download > select Supportlogmeinrescue > Open and there I can move the mouse, click everywhere but I still do not see the windows as if Screen Recording does not work.

Same thing after restart the Mac, customer's account is in Admin.

We use Lmirescue in my company, latest version of the technicians console on MAC and Windows, it works for remote control on windows and MAC before Catalina. It’s hard for us not to be able to take control on Catalina.

Do you know the case and have a solution?

Thanks for your assistance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dn1p

Re: LogMeIn Rescue not working in macOS Catalina 10.15.6

I had the same issue and I opened a ticket with LMI support. They gave me a script to run in Terminal and it worked perfectly! Figured I would share to see if it works for anyone else.

rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/LogMeIn-Rescue $ rm /tmp/lmi.txt ; CX_LOG=/tmp/lmi.txt /Applications/LogMeIn-Rescue.app/Contents/MacOS/LogMeIn-Rescue >>/tmp/lmi.txt 2>&1

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
shri
Active Contributor

LogMeIn Rescue not working in macOS Catalina 10.15.6

after updated to Catalina 10.15.6 LMI Rescue app is not working, we have enabled support LogMeIn Rescue app in Accessibility and screen recording but not able to control the Macs. 

Tried to add manually but its not working, not able to add in Accessibility and screen recording.

any solution for this?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @shri

How many Macs is this currently affecting?

Have you re-installed the Rescue endpoint software to troubleshoot?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
shri
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC , thank you for your response. we have this issue in some Mac's not able to uncheck and recheck Support LogMeIn Resuce in Screen Recording and Accessibility. due to this we are not able to view and work on end user system.

Screenshot 2020-08-05 at 10.24.51 PM.jpg

dbalzotti
Active Contributor

Re: Some issues when I remote control a customer's macOS Catalina since last update

I'm having the same issue with a majority of my customers. They connect but I can't control. When they go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy...The box for Support-LogmeinRescue is already checked under both Accessibility and Screen Recording but I can't control. If they try to uncheck and recheck the box is frozen checked. We will have to find another support tool if this isn't resolved soon as a majority of my customers are on macs.

dbalzotti
Active Contributor

Having the same issue. Can't control but Support-LogmeinRescue is already checked under Security & Privacy > Accessibility and Screen Recording. The Support-LogmeinRescue box is frozen and can't be unchecked/rechecked so their is no way to control the users Mac.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Some issues when I remote control a customer's macOS Catalina since last update

Hi,

There are a few security checks the end user must confirm before full control is granted by Catalina, including these:  System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Full Disk Access > Add  supportlogmeinrescue

For a full guide with pics, please reference this support article:

https://support.logmeinrescue.com/rescue/help/how-can-i-remote-control-a-customers-mac-running-macos...

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
dbalzotti
Active Contributor

These are users who have connected previously and have already granted control. When you go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility the Support-LogmeInRescue box is already checked but still doesn't allow remote control. The user cannot uncheck or recheck the box it is frozen checked. It also doesn't allow you to remove Support-LogMeInRescue by pressing the minus button. I have captured video of the issue and included log file below.

Link to log file and video capture of issue. 

LdnFiz
Visitor

You need to remove the ticks and then re-add ticks (under Security & Privacy > Accessibility and Screen Recording "Support-LogmeinRescue" box).

dbalzotti
Active Contributor

If you read my post I specifically say that you can't uncheck and recheck the box. It is frozen checked. I even included a screen capture video to demonstrate the issue.