cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raahh
New Contributor

issue with connecting to sessions using the LogMeInRescue Tech console version 7.5

With the new update to version 7.5, our LogMeIn Rescue Technician Console sessions are not working as smoothly or efficiently as previously.

We have several staff members using the program to remotely connect to client computers and what's happening is the following:

the remote session does not connect as quickly as prior to the update

the remote session does not automatically connect, the message we'll see is 'connecting' and it'll stay like that for around 30 seconds. At which point it won't actually connect us, it'll revert back to where we need to click the 'Launch Remote Control Session' option one more time to successfully connect.

we're all using Windows computers and our clients (that we're connecting to) all are using either Windows 10, 11, 32/64 bit and sometimes we connect to MAC's

We have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the LogMeInRescue Tech Console to no avail.

Do you know why this is happening and what the fix will be?

15 REPLIES 15
Josh77
New Contributor

Re: issue with connecting to sessions using the LogMeInRescue Tech console version 7.5

I too have been seeing this issue occur within my organization. I have yet to find any solutions and haven't found any other posts with this exact problem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling as well, have tried both the 7.5 and 7.12 versions of LMI Rescue. It happens with users both in-office and at home (on and off VPN). 

I would appreciate so help with this issue as well.

smather
New Contributor

Re: issue with connecting to sessions using the LogMeInRescue Tech console version 7.5

Exactly the same issue here. Also wondering when there will be a fix. It's awkward waiting for permission to share the client's desktop until it times out and then resubmitting before getting in.
smather
New Contributor

I decided to revert to an earlier version. Easy to do. I uninstalled the current version just to be safe. Then went into downloads and re-installed the previous version. Went smoothly. I recommend, at least until they get this problem fixed.

session9336
New Contributor

My organization is also experiencing the same issues with  version 7.5 as well as previous ones. which version do you currently have installed or recommend to alleviate these problems? 

Josh77
New Contributor

I have found that some users have better luck with 7.5 and some with 7.12, so I have recommended to them that until a patch or new version update is released to use whichever works best for them individually. I have personally found better success with 7.12. 

smather
New Contributor

After rolling back to 7.12, the problem persists. I just wait until it times out and try a second time to connect to share the desktop. It connects immediately. So the main problem is the delay.

smather
New Contributor

Since rolling back to 7.12 didn't solve the problem, I've considered going back even further. However, it probably would not help. I suspect whatever was broken by version 7.5 will stay that way until they issue a fix.

raahh
New Contributor

thanks. I have version 7.5. I reached out to Rescue and the rep said downgrading will not help because they have a new API that's not compatible with old version.

Long story short, they told me this is a known issue and it's affecting some users but not all. They're programmers are working on a solution and as soon as one is available they'll email me to let me know. That was 1 week ago, no response yet.

I can post here again once I hear a reply.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@smather  I apologize for the difficulty there.  

Can you try having the end user enter the pin on beta.logmein123.com which contains a version of the applet with the fix?  

The scheduled release for this is next week, but please let us know if the beta works or not. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!