cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RegionalApp

High CPU usage when idle

I regularly uninstall logmein because when it is installed on my computer, and while I am not using it but it is a background app, it regularly used huge amounts of CPU %.  My guess, they are using idle computers of their customers to do computing (bitcoin mining?).  There is no other reason that an idle background app should be using 96% of my CPU.  I delete the app when I am in town and install an new clean version when I am going on vacation.  Why should paying customers have to deal with LogMeIn using so much of our CPU when we aren't even using the app?  It heats up my machine, my CPU fan is on constantly when this one app is installed.  I check task manager and it shows the culprit, LogMeIn and it's associated apps.  Also, I check and see that no one is logged in to my machine (I suspected someone may have been hacking in but no, there was no one). Have any other users noticed this?

7 REPLIES 7
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: High CPU usage when idle

@RegionalApp  No, we're not 'using the PC' for any other purpose than private, secured, remote connections. 

Can you please confirm the host PC's operating system version and LogMeIn endpoint software version? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jegbert
Active Contributor

I've ran into this same issue with the latest version on Windows 10. Not only does it totally eat up my CPU it's also climbs to using over 2 Gigs of RAM. All of this while LogMeIn was "idle" no remote sessions to my computer.

I finally had to uninstall the application today as I couldn't complete any of my Zoom meetings.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jegbert  Did you try disabling the screen blanking option for the remote Host PC? 

jegbert
Active Contributor

This wouldn't apply in the situation I'm describing. LogMeIn is idle with no remote sessions, in or out, active.

I'm working locally on the system, with no remote sessions at all, and LogMeIn has one processor core maxed out and using over 2 Gigs of RAM.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@jegbert  We may need to compare the LMI logs with Windows logs to see what may be overloading the CPU there.  If you have a few moments, I would first confirm with the manufacturer's web site that all available drivers are up to date, and then give us a call when it's convenient, from the problem PC:  https://support.logmeininc.com/central/help/how-do-i-contact-support  (email follow ups are also an option there if you can't call in) 

Plato-Admin

We're also having the same issues, also on completely new up-to-date laptops, multiple employees are having issues with these since a couple of weeks. LogMeIn is not actively used by a Remote Session but completely uses the full CPU and RAM of the laptops and slows the whole laptop. Has there been any issue with the latest LogMeIn updates or what could be wrong?

jegbert
Active Contributor

No this is still an issue - the only way to "resolve" it I have found is to uninstall and reinstall the client. I had to do this again last week.