cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anon127206
Visitor

Mac host only showing desktop wallpaper and menu bar

Mac has just received a new update (to Big Sur) I log in with Windows 10 and all I see is desktop wallpaper and menu bar. I've checked the security settings, everything LogMeIn related is checked. The issue began with the update.

26 REPLIES 26
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Windows remote controlling Mac only desktop wallpaper and menu bar visible

Hi @Anon127206 ,

Sorry to hear about the LogMeIn behavior there. 

Have you already gone through the basic troubleshooting of rebooting the host Mac, and/or re-installing the endpoint software? 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Coocker
Visitor

Same problem. I login from other Mac and see only Menu Bar and wallpaper. Everything in security settings  LogMeIn related is checked. Logmein App re-installed.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Coocker  Does the affected Mac host have a display attached to the hard drive there?  If you've already performed a re-install then you may need to reach out to Customer Support when you have physical access to the machine:  https://support.logmeininc.com/pro/help/how-do-i-contact-support 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
akue

Same here, but on Mac! I've already contacted customer support, re-installed, and still issues. I've even tried on multiple OS' from Windows, macOS Big Sur, macOS Catalina, and iOS. 

The re-install is temporary and works initially, but you are back to just the desktop and menu bar as the day goes on.  My only option now is to downgrade my iMac back to macOS Catalina and hope that fixes the issues. 

drcortes
New Contributor

mac client not working when connecting from another mac

hello,

just installed logmein pro on mac pro 11.5.2

when I connect from another mac using the logmein client, I just get a desktop with no icons or apps.

how can I get this client to work correctly?

svrc
New Contributor

Re: mac client not working when connecting from another mac

This is undocumented, and I was pulling my hair out - doesn't work with Windows talking to Mac either lately.   But I fixed it inadvertently today when installing Zoom on that computer.  

In System Preferences, Privacy & Security section, Privacy tab, ensure that LMGUIAgent is checked under "Screen Recording".    After that I could see the full desktop.

Environment: M1 Mac Mini, macOS Big Sur host ; Windows 10 client.

drcortes
New Contributor

I have checked this.

the LMUI agent is on SCREEN RECORDING and it is checked.

Still, no luck.

any help here?  otherwise I will have to change to another remote desktop service.

svrc
New Contributor

Have you also looked in Accessibility in that security & privacy screen? I have LMGUIagent and LogMeIn control panel checked there, which is the documented setting that they get you to activate.

You could try calling support before abandoning.
kcassidy
New Contributor

Re: Mac host only showing desktop wallpaper and menu bar

same thing's been happening to me after an upgrade to big sur. i'm logging in from another mac.  blah.