Has anyone seen high CPU usage by Logmein Free. I have a dual core server running Windows 2000 Server and Logmein is using 50% of the CPU resources when I log in remotely. Other network computers do not show this level of CPU usage when I log in.
I too have seen this. I have over 100 machines in my LMI console and it doesnt matter. when I connect to any of them the CPU on my computer shoots up to almost 100% makes it real hard to do anything. It is even causing my laptop to overheat. As soon as I log into a computer remotely my CPU spikes and my fans kick on high. as soon as I log off they both go down. this is clearly a but in the new release because it started with this new release and it doestn matter what computer I connect from it does the same thing. Please someone help
I am having the same issue too on one of our server (win server 2k3)
LogMeIn Rescue was taking 50% of CPU after a few days so we installed LogMeIn Pro2 which worked fine for 10 days. Then it started to take 50% of the CPU again and is unusable at the moment, even after rebooting.
There is Symantec antivirus installed on the computer, I tried unactivating it but it didn't fix the issue.
I am happy to say that I have the answer to this issue. I am on a Logmein Rescue Trial at the moment and have been liaising with Logmein support to try and resolve this issue but they have not been able to help me. I am also trialing gotoassist express with similar results. To resolve this issue all you need to do is go to the display properties and then click on settings then click on advanced and then select the troubleshoot tab. Reduce the hardware acceleration slider to its minimum and the CPU usage will in a lot of cases go down as low as 10%. Reducing the hardware acceleration on a server display is not going to cause anyone any problems as they will not playing games or anything of that nature on the server (I hope). Incidentally this is exactly the same issue as I used to have with VNC software which is how I discovered a work around. I am surprised that I cannot find anywhere on the logmein forum that shows how to resolve this issue or that logmein support do not seem to have the answere. I have also found that it affects Windows Server 2000 .This also resolves the issue with gotoassist express. I hope this helps someone