Welcome to the LogMeIn Pro Community!
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Disable Remote Sound

This same query has already been posted here: /t5/Free/Disable-Sound-Streaming/td-p/33175/page/2

However, it does not seem to have been resolved.  I am starting a new thread in Pro as previous bumps have not worked and there are paying users who would like this fixed.

Many users, including myself, need to be able to disabled remote sound via the LMI host control panel, eg, via the Preferences.  I would make an educated guess that this should be an easy GUI mod.  As far as I can see, this has been 'outstanding' since 2010.  The current method makes little sense.  I am also using the Android app and this suffers much the same problem and the option in the settings menu doesn't really make sense.  All that's needed is a 'Disable Remote Sound' checkbox for both Pro and Ignitiion, job done.

Please please fix in both.  Many users are evidently awaiting this.

Kind Regards

New Contributor

Re: Disable Remote Sound

Is there NO fix for this? I too have a mission critical sound issue - LOGMEIN Grabs the sound device and there is no way of stopping this from happening by the looks.

We must be able to remove or uninstall this feature of SOUND grabbing.

This looks to be a reoccurring theme - Ill be closing my account with Logmein if this cannot be fixed.

New Contributor

I have repeatedly tried to see if TechSupport would fix this issue. Early this year, they suggested I make a registry change in an attempt to disable the audio capability of the Pro version. Unfortunately, the change is just not at a 'low enough level' in the Pro version to work. Everytime I attempted to use the Pro Version, the audio card interaction with the Radio programming software would become unstable within a day. I have resorted to purchasing Pro and only installing the free version on computers. The Pro version simply does not handle very high end (1,500 to 5,000) audio cards with multiple input and output audio streams. Still evaluating which vendor / product to move to.

New Contributor

Bump.  +1.

Any resoultion yet???

New Contributor

Yes please - please, please, please. In our application, both audio input and output on the remote host are mission-critical, and if there is any disturbance to them whatsoever, then LogMeIn is simply not a starter for us. We cannot afford for audio to connect then disconnect - it will force us to reset/restart our system.

How hard can it be to *not* do something?

New Contributor

Bumping this issue! Is there any movement in resolving this issue?

ddx
New Contributor

This is desperately needed. For so many years already. We have Logmein central, and with Logmein free model it was perfect. But now we are forced to pay for Logmein Pro, ok thats fine whatever, but with remote sound shoved down our throats, and leave it like that for so many years??????

I understand you can disable it on a per session basis, but that is not a solution. We have mission critical computers that cannot have their audio system touched or compromised in any way.

If logmein does not have any competent programmer to add "disable remote sound completely", at least Logmein could just bring back the "Logmein Free" mode but rename it to "Logmein Standard" PROBLEM SOLVED!

To be honest at this rate, I would PAY MORE for that mode, the "Logmein Standard" as a special model where functionalities are limited. Thats how desperate we are. 

We have been using VNC to remote to the audio mission critical computers meanwhile. We are also considering to switch to competitors, but what a hassle, and we do like Logmein otherwise this seemingly minor issue.

New Contributor

Any solution? any response? I have the same issue...we use this to control computers that are on the air in radio...I'm thinking of putting a disclaimer on anytime audio is disrupted to note: This is a technical problem caused by Logmein software...your audio will resume shortly"
New Contributor

this was proving a real problem for me but this post solved it

https://community.logmein.com/t5/Pro/Disable-Sound-Streaming/td-p/33175

basically you mute the audio in the LMI toolbar, and then enable it on the computer

Ever since i did this, when i log in to the computer Logmein no longer takes control of the audio