cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

CTRL ALT DEL and Unattended MSI released today!

Hi all,

I wanted to let the community know that today CTRL ALT DEL functionality was added to the RescueAssist Console. This will allow you to send the command with a single click once you have elevated a session to Admin Mode.

New menu bar.png

We have also released the .MSI installer for Unattended devices meaning you can now quickly and easily deploy Unattended Access to multiple devices. Access the MSI option from the Devices tab.

MSI.png

Check out the Release Notes post for additional details on todays release. 

4 REPLIES 4
New Contributor

Re: CTRL ALT DEL and Unattended MSI released today!

I've notice with this new Unattended Installer, devices that I push this to do not show up in the "legacy" GoTo Assist console, only the RescueAssist Console.  Whereas the old GoTo Assist Unattented installer still places the computer in both consoles.  

Is this by design, or will this be fixed?  Is there a deadline for migrating PCs over to the new RescuseAssist client?

LogMeIn Contributor

@AlwaysCustom4Me  There is a plan to migrate all Unattended onto the new platform for all users, so you may be seeing some of that already.  Currently RescueAssist Unattended setups are not designed for the legacy / desktop GoToAssist endpoint, and I don't believe they will because we are moving forwards with RescueAssist as the new, improved platform.

Active Contributor

@AshC wrote:

@AlwaysCustom4Me  There is a plan to migrate all Unattended onto the new platform for all users, so you may be seeing some of that already.  Currently RescueAssist Unattended setups are not designed for the legacy / desktop GoToAssist endpoint, and I don't believe they will because we are moving forwards with RescueAssist as the new, improved platform.

For me, that is unfortunate news. I much prefer the GoToAssist "legacy/desktop" application for my use. Most of the systems I support are unattended in a data center, and RescueAssist is a poor replacement. What is the timeline for this migration?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

@Boyd B.  I don't have a set ETA yet, but we will update the community as more information becomes available.  I want to also add that RescueAssist will be adding more functionality as we go along, though the RemoteSupport will still be available as a desktop option for some time.