cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoToAssist 4.6.1624 & RescueAssist By LogMeIn Tech Screen Share

Good day all,

I use both GoToAssist 4.6 1624 install app and the web based RescueAssist using Chrome (Have tried FF and Edge also) and when I connect the option to share my screen is greyed out, I am an Admin on all devices which are domain connected and at the LogMeIn account portal and settings look correct but I cannot show them my screen. I know Macs have that issue but these are all W10 either HP 840 G4-G5 or Surface Book Pro 2's and I have tested this on a new system beside me and selecty Yes on all prompts but still the same result.

Any suggestions, Oh yah, and the download app GoToAssist Expert does not connect Run As Service for admin controls on connecting which is why I use the web base more often. Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToAssist 4.6.1624 & RescueAssist By LogMeIn Tech Screen Share

@Wabid_Wabit   As far as I know, we should be implementing RescueAssist (console.gotoassist.com) web console ability to screen share in the next fiscal quarter.

If you're using the desktop version of RemoteSupport, then the grayed button could be a local issue on that Windows10 device.

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

@Wabid_Wabit   As far as I know, we should be implementing RescueAssist (console.gotoassist.com) web console ability to screen share in the next fiscal quarter.

If you're using the desktop version of RemoteSupport, then the grayed button could be a local issue on that Windows10 device.

Highlighted
New Contributor

That sounds great, also I found my issue to be 1903 W10, once I went back it works fine, so maybe a part of that update did something, all our IT techs are still on 1809 which works for them eitherway they do the sessions.

Thank you for the help..

LogMeIn Contributor

Thanks for checking, @Wabid_Wabit .  I will bring up this difficulty with the new Win10 version for additional testing.