cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Macintosh Catalina

It can't just be me, today I tried to install Rescue Assist Unattended on two different iMacs at two different locations. It installed on both iMacs with the little indicator icon. They both showed up in my list of unattended computers. I tried to initiate connections from my own iMac and from a PC running windows 10. I could not connect from either computer, it says it's connecting  but ultimately it says "Customer Seems To Be Unavailable". Rescue Assist has been a real bust for me when it comes to Macs and I just can't understand why nothing ever gets resolved. If the people at LogMeIn are paying attention, Teamviewer is going to eat your lunch, between this and GoToMyPC raising prices exponentially, a lot of my customers and myself are considering making a change. I have been a loyal GoToAssist customer for many years and I loved everything about it, ease of use, reporting, recording, but I can't fight it much longer.

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Macintosh Catalina

Hi @EKKG,

When you set up Unattended Support on your client's Mac, did you see them grant Screen Recording and Accessibility permission?   These new security permissions have to be granted in order to connect to and control a Mac: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotoassist-remote-support/help/how-can-i-remotely-control-a-customers...

Edited 4/23/20 Changed the support link from RescueAssist to Remote Support article.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tags (2)
Highlighted
New Contributor

i have the same experience. after installing Unattended Support , there were no prompts to  grant Screen Recording and Accessibility permission. RescueAssist showed up as an icon at the top of the screen and there is an uninstall option. It appeared in web console under Devices.

Going into System Preferences, LogmeinRemoteSupport.app does not show. Neither can I add it manually.

Uninstalled everything, rebooted the Mac and reinstalled Unattended Support with the same results.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @fluke 

The prompts come from the MacOS, not our software. What method did you use to set up Unattended Support? After you installed you should see a  GoToAssist Customer app in your Applications folder and a GoToAssist Folder with the Uninstall GoToAssist app inside it.

I realized that in my previous reply I posted the RescueAssist support article by mistake, I have updated it to the Remote Support version. 

1. On the customer's Mac, navigate to the System Preferences by doing either of the following:
    • Click the System Preferences icon in your Dock
    • On the Menu Bar, click the Apple menu then select System Preferences
  2. Click Security & Privacy.
  3. Click the Privacy tab.
  4. Click the Unlock icon in the bottom-left, then enter your Mac username and password.
  5. Click Accessibility in the left menu.
  6. For GoToAssist Remote Support, check the boxes to allow control for the following apps:
    • g2ax_launchagent_customer
    • GoToAssist Customer
  7. For RescueAssist, check the box to allow control for the LogmeinRemoteSupport app.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

Yes, I do realise the prompts comes from MacOS but it doesn't prompt.

To be clear, we initially installed GotoAssist Unattended Support and could not get it to work depsite the GotoAssistCustomer showing up in System Preferences > Accessibility.

So we went to to Applications folder and uninstall it with the Uninstall GotoAssist app.

Next, we logged into RescueAssist web console and downloaded the installer for Mac.

Try both versions (APP) and (PKG). Both behaved the same.

After execution, the RescueAssist cross icon showed up on the top Status menu. That should mean it was installed properly cause we can see that the device gets registered in RescueAssist web Console.

No prompts from MacOS regarding System Preferences > Accessibility etc.

Manually going into it does not show the LogmeinRemoteSupport app listed. 

Try to add, but unable to find LogmeinRemoteSupport.

Hope this is clearer?

Tags (1)
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Thank you, that additional information helps and I will try to recreate the issue. Typically a reboot has not been required after installing, but if you have an opportunity please reboot the Mac and see if LogmeinRemoteSupport is listed.

New Contributor

Hi Glenn,

I had rebooted and reinstalled LogmeinRemoteSupportn but it still does not show up.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I don't know how to put this screen shots in order, but this is basically how it goes on Macs with Catalina. The Unattended installer does install, I see the computer in my list. It does add the app to the "Accessibility", but does not add it to or prompt for "Full Disk Access" or "Screen Recording". When I try to connect, it initiates and goes through the motions but it never connects, every few minutes you will see the Logmein icon show up on the users doc (I know this, because I tested it on a Mac right beside me) but it doesn't connect and says the customer is unavailable. You get the message about it temporarily suspending and reconnecting, but it never happens. That's my 2 cents, I don't really have time to fight this, so when a customer calls with Catalina I tell them to download Teamviewer, works every time.

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.11.05 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.10.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.10.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.09.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.09.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.09.32 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.07.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.07.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.06.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.05.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-28 at 6.05.44 PM.png

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

We have added a new guided flow to help Mac Clients enable the required security permissions: https://community.logmein.com/t5/RescueAssist-Discussions/RescueAssist-Release-Notes/td-p/201336