cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Mass unattended installation on Macs - Provide a .pkg installer

Currently the only available option for Macs for the unattended installation is a .app file.  We are finding this very difficult to deploy in mass to our Mac fleet.  We are using Jamf for management and have tried capturing it as both a DMG and a PKG but it is failing to install properly.  There is also no documentation on this.

GoToAssist provided a .pkg file which is exteremly easy to install through Jamf.  Is it possible to add a .pkg file for RescueAssist or is there another method to perform mass installation on Macs?

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Mass unattended installation on Macs - Provide a .pkg installer

Hi @kfalato  ,

You bring up a good point.  I have raised this concept with the development team to see if it could be feasible in the coming months.  If I hear any new updates I will try to update this thread as they become available.

New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

Thanks for bringing it up.  Do you either know if it is possible to perform a silent installation on Macs, or could you check with someone internal.  No matter what Jamf support or I have tried, we can't get RescueAssist to install silently (either from a local installation or being pushed down) which has prevented us from deploying it to any of our 300+ Macs.  I would really appreciate any help on this.

LogMeIn Contributor

@kfalato  I have confirmed this is on the roadmap for the near future.   We'll update this thread as more info becomes available.