cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Session Recording

For the past week, I have been using RescueAssist along with my GoToAssist. Reporting shows all of my sessions but there are recordings that are missing. I'm pretty sure it's mostly RescueAssist, but some of them did record.

This is important to me because I use the recordings to do my billing so I don't have to remember what I did for the client. I don't like the fact that RescueAssist doesn't leave an app behind for the customer to initiate a session. It's no fun telling the customer over and over again, "no it's not past or last, it's fastsupport.com, like running fast or driving fast F A S T S U P P O R T" ugh. I reported the recordings issue but haven't heard back yet.

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Session Recording

Hi @EKKG ,

Our apologies that you are experiencing these issues. I know you have already engaged our support team, but we are also looking into the issue from the Product and Engineering side as well. We will get back to you once we know more on the root cause, but rest assured we are looking into it.

As far as the leave behind component, I appreciate your  feedback and this is something we are exploring on the roadmap for the near future. As an alternative URL, you can also direct the customer to helpme.net which redirects to fastsupport.com.

Best Regards,

Chris Handley
Product Manager

Active Contributor

Thanks for letting me know about "helpme.net". Funny, the client I tried that on today could not grasp it at all, I had to repeat myself 5 times, now I'm wondering if it's me.

FYI, I did a session today with Rescue Assist, it did log the session, it had the start time, end time but everything else was "not available" except the "Host Mac" which was correct. The recording was there too, however, the downloaded file has a different name, my session id was 326-187-817, the file name was video_20190416_200828.mp4. This has been my experience with any recordings from Rescue Assist. If they are there at all, they download with a different name.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hi @EKKG,

Just a quick update here - we have found the root cause of the issue with the session recordings. We are now working on a fix but I don't yet have an ETA. 

I will update you once I know more next week.  I sincerely appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Chris Handley
Product Manager