cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RJM
Active Contributor

is Microsoft Edge browser supported? If not, when?

Trying to use MS Edge on Win 10 with RescueAssist to access my existing unattended computers.

I'm able to connect, see the remote screen, but can't interact with it - remote control doesn't work from Edge. I note that it's "not supported" either from agent or client. Is that true? I personally, as an agent don't have a problem using Chrome, although I prefer not to. I may be one of the minority cases that finds Edge to be a superior browser, in general, under Win 10.

However, the fundamental use case for the vast majority of the people I'm providing support to are home users, who wouldn't have a clue as to how to download and install Chrome, install the extensions, or use a browser other than the default browser on their computers (Which is in this case, Edge). Is Edge in the plans to be supported?

Bob

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: is Microsoft Edge browser supported? If not, when?

@RJM  Hi Bob,

The people you support can still use Explorer to connect through.  In the near future, Edge will also be supported for the technician, though I don't have a firm ETA yet.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: is Microsoft Edge browser supported? If not, when?

Hi Bob,

Edge support will be available in December. Once the release is made I will be sure to update you.