cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Can LastPass be instructed to ignore a specific field?

My organization uses two-step sign-in, where you first log in with your username/password, then on the next screen you enter a number from an authenticator app.

Each time I enter the one-time number, LastPass thinks it's a password change and prompts me to update the password in the database.

One time I accidentally clicked "update" and then had to fight with IT to reset my password since LastPass now "forgot" my actual password.

Can I tell LastPass to ignore the "password" field on the two-step auth page, but still fill in my actual password on the main username/password page?
6 REPLIES 6
New Contributor

Re: Can LastPass be instructed to ignore a specific field?

"katogeek" wrote:
My organization uses two-step sign-in, where you first log in with your username/password, then on the next screen you enter a number from an authenticator app.

Each time I enter the one-time number, LastPass thinks it's a password change and prompts me to update the password in the database.

One time I accidentally clicked "update" and then had to fight with IT to reset my password since LastPass now "forgot" my actual password.

Can I tell LastPass to ignore the "password" field on the two-step auth page, but still fill in my actual password on the main username/password page?

I also have the same question. An answer is appreciated.

Thanks and Regards,
Shane
New Contributor

"katogeek" wrote:

One time I accidentally clicked "update" and [url=https://tracktrace.onl/usps/:1zpgghie]usps tracking[/url:1zpgghie] then had to fight with IT to reset my password since LastPass now "forgot" my actual password.

Still no answer. Help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Shane
New Contributor

Same question.  Using Okta with an RSA token.

Valued Contributor

You can use Save All Entered Data to manually capture just the fields you want LastPass to fill.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/add-a-new-site-lp010005
New Contributor

Thanks for the response, I might be missing something, but not sure those instructions help. 

Here's how logging into this particular site works:

1) Navigate to the login page.

2) LastPass correctly fills in username and password, and I manually click the login button

3) I'm taken to a new page where I am prompted to enter a pin + the RSA token (LastPass doesn't attempt to autofill this field)

4) Immediately after I submit the token, I get a LastPass popup asking me if I want to update the password for the site

5) What is kind of annoying is that the popup disappears quickly before I can say no, while my webmail account is loading.  Then, a few seconds after webmail finishes loading, it pops up again - the problem with this is that many times I will be trying to navigate to something in that area of the screen before the window pops up, so inadvertent changing of the password is possible.  

What's strange to me is that this is the only site with 2FA enabled that always prompts to change the password. Other sites that use an Authenticator app or SMS codes after signing in, don't prompt to update the password.

Please let me know if I'm missing something.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

While there isn't currently a way for a user to tell LastPass to ignore certain fields on a page, although if the second page/new page that loads after logging in has a different URL you could try adding that new page URL as a Never URL to tell LastPass to not attempt to autofill any fields on that exact URL: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/disable-lastpass-for-specific-sites-lp040006

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!