cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ameymitio
New Contributor

Can't give access to my brother

When I try to send an invite for a lastpass emergency access to my brother's email address, I get the following error:

ERROR: This user is a member of a LastPass Enterprise account and can\'t be designated as an emergency contact.

So I sent it to his other email address and instead this time I got:

To share data with these people, use their LastPass account or ask them to sign up. Would you like us to send them an email inviting them to join LastPass?

This is confusing as the first message tells me I can't sign him up because he already has lastpass, and the second one asks me to sign him up with his lastpass account.

I want this him to have emergency access from his current lastpass account.

Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can't give access to my brother

Hello,

The first message you received means that the email address the invitation was sent to is already associated with a LastPass Enterprise account and can't be designated as an emergency contact.

The second message you received means that there may not yet be a LastPass account associated with that email address, you can continue and send an invitation to that email account and they can sign up for a free LastPass account using your email invitation, or sign in to their LastPass account associated with that email address to accept your invitation.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!