cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't give up admin status in shared folder

I have a shared folder that I created, which I would like to leave. (I'm not part of the organization any more.) I tried to remove myself, but got a message saying "LastPass can't let you remove administrator privileges from the last remaining user/group administering this shared folder."

I'd like to add someone else as administrator, but all the screenshots I see related to this say there should be an Admin column between Read Only and Hide Passwords, and I don't have that.

Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can't give up admin status in shared folder

Hi maverick747,

With a Free or Premium account you can share something from your Vault, but you cannot make someone else the owner of it. The person that you want to take over should save the login in their LastPass Vault as a new entry of their own, then you can remove the share and delete the site from your Vault.

If you originally shared the site with the password hidden you will want to remove the share and then re-share it with the password visible to the other person so they can copy it and save it to their LastPass Vault.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Contributor

Highlighted
New Contributor

Yup. That one says...

In the right navigation of the "Memberships" window, use the "Read Only", "Administrator", and "Hide Passwords" columns to make changes to the appropriate permissions for each user or group:

I do not have the Administrator column. It might be because I don't have an Enterprise account?

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Colin_F,

What kind of account were you part of previously when you created this shared folder? 

New Contributor

Right now my login says "Premium User". I haven't changed my account type since I upgraded to that.

Highlighted
Contributor

Ok now it's premium but what type of account you had when you created the shared folder? Premium does not have any shared folder feature. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Before this I had a free account.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi maverick747,

With a Free or Premium account you can share something from your Vault, but you cannot make someone else the owner of it. The person that you want to take over should save the login in their LastPass Vault as a new entry of their own, then you can remove the share and delete the site from your Vault.

If you originally shared the site with the password hidden you will want to remove the share and then re-share it with the password visible to the other person so they can copy it and save it to their LastPass Vault.

View solution in original post