cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Can't share

When I attempt to share a password with another user it's giving me an error and says the other user has never logged in and they have to login before I can share with them. However I know they've logged in because they shared a password with me perfectly fine...which they can't do if they haven't authenticated their email and logged into their account. Helpl!
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Can't share

I'm having the same issue. I've logged in and shared a password with a colleague, but she is unable to share a password with me. The error she receives:

'''
The user must login to LastPass at least once to permit sharing.
'''

I've done that, and I've successfully shared to her. But no one has successfully shared with me.

Screenshot of error message: https://imgur.com/k3EAczs

Ideas?
Highlighted
New Contributor

tiffany1894 & username326 - did you resolve this issue? I'm trying to share with a colleague today and get the same error message. He sent me a screen shot of his new LastPass account vault open - so he has logged in at least once. The account I'm sharing from is a Premium account and I have successfully shared on many occasions, including the credentials I'm trying to share today with 4 other team members already.
New Contributor

Still an issue, was this ever resolved?
Highlighted
New Contributor

This may help future people with the same problem.

I had this issue several time, when trying to share a password with an user.

To solve it, I figure out that making that user, who you want to share the password with, login it through the browser extension of LastPass solved always the issue.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Since Logmein bought out lastpass SHARING has been broken , THIS  is the only reason I pay to have the family share option for my wife and me.    and it's been broken for months now.    you should sell it back to the previous team that knew how to make it work      nordpass is doing great for me. soon it will be bye bye after 10 years

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

The sharing feature requires all of the users involved to have sharing keys generated for their account, sharing keys are created when you sign into your LastPass account through one of the browser extensions. If you are sharing with someone who did not already have a LastPass account, please make sure they install one of the browser extensions and sign in before you try to share something with them.

Occasionally, sharing keys may get corrupted and you will need to open a support ticket and have them deleted so you can generate new ones, but so far in my experience the issue has been that the recipient has not  generated keys for their account yet.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Tags (2)
Highlighted
Contributor

The recipient must log in from the browser extension not from the LastPass website. 

Highlighted
New Contributor

Have you used it ?  cause your answer shows you don't know