cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Desktop App Font Clarity (O vs 0)

I was thinking that it would be nice if LastPass could give us options to change fonts. Maybe something that would help us distinguish things like O and 0. Not only that, but a font to help us with 1, l, and I.

I noticed this happens with the mobile app. However, I mainly use my laptop with LastPass. It would be very nice if we get to choose our own fonts or at least get some options to pick a font like what we would see in a Notepad document or maybe something like a PAPERS PLEASE font.

:3

By the way, I really love LastPass. I love how I have only two very long memorable passwords (one for my secret email and the other for LastPass, which uses that secret email as the username). I really trust it and I have pretty much everything private and about my security on it after learning about how things are encrypted.
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Desktop App Font Clarity (O vs 0)

In the advanced options of the password generator is an easy to read radio button that will force the generator to omit ambiguous characters.
Highlighted
New Contributor

@jpenny84 thats true, but still for a general password manager a font that shows the differences between the charachters is a very good thing to have!!!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree it is completely ridiculous that a font is used where I cannot tell difference between a lower case L and and an upper case I.

I have to copy the password to a separate editor with a decent font or retype the password until I get it right.

I hate this.
Highlighted
New Contributor

l'II aIso agree that Iast pass needs to use a monospace font. lt's kinda dumb that it there doesn't appear to be any speIling mistakes in this sentence. lf l'm reading this the only difference between l and I is that I is just sIightly wider.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I agree this is the most frustrating thing about LastPass
I also love LastPass and I’ve been a happy member for three years but the character ambiguity Due to the poor font choice seems to me like a most ridiculous weakness that Can be fixed quite easily. Even times new Roman would be a better choice than this one across all apps!!! Capital O and the number 0 should not look the exact same!!! And the lowercase l and capital I and the number 1... is this supposed to be helping with security?? I don’t see it. My boyfriend hates using lastpass and constantly talks crap about it because of the character ambiguity Due to the font choice
Highlighted
New Contributor

In Chrome extension, while the font does distinguish between O and 0 and l and 1, it is quite subtle, and if you don't see both characters, you can't readily tell which is which.  Why not use Consolas, monaco, monospace?  It's just not that hard.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out. I've passed your feedback about the font/readability of LastPass in across LastPass products along to our development team to see if this could be changed or updated in the future to better distinguish characters (especially similar characters) between one another. The LastPass app for iOS does currently show passwords in your Vault in a different font and colour for each different type of character when viewing a password, so this would be a great feature to have on other platforms as well!

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have to copy the password to a separate editor with a decent font or retype the password until I get it right.