cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Export Issues in Firefox

Today's latest bizarreness... Testing Lastpass on Windows 10 PC. It's mostly BEEN working, but...

When I export (gray menu, more options>advanced>export) I get a popup that requires a master password. SOMETIMES when I enter it, I'm asked (don't recall if it's before or after it requires the password) for the export file type (csv), then I get a popup for where to place the file. I spend 99% of my time in Firefox, so this would be in Firefox. And it creates the file... Like it SHOULD. This worked MOST OF THE TIME yesterday. And some of the time on previous days.

But SOMETIMES, and I have no idea what it's tied to, I hit Export, just get a popup, enter the password, and Lastpass just splatters a bunch of text in a window - minuscule text. I have to select the whole mess, put it in an editor, and save a csv file. It's a pain in the rectum, but I've gotten used to working around this seemingly random occurrence.

TODAY, for no reason I've been able to determine, it displays the popup and requires a password, then the popup disappears and NOTHING happens. No popup for the file, no splatter on the screen, NOTHING.

YES, the binary component is there and active in both Firefox and Chrome - I have no idea what THAT would have to do with this, but its there.
YES, I'm putting in the correct password - I was flummoxed enough that I now have the master password sitting in an editor so I can SELECT and paste it... It's CORRECT.
I even LOGGED OUT of everything, went back in and REPEATED everything - logging in with the copied password and immediately attempted to export. SAME result.
KILLED Firefox and started all OVER. SAME result - no export, no error, no nothing. Tried 5 or 6 times 'cause doing the same thing over and over MIGHT provide different results. IT DIDN'T.
Went to the browser extension - which I would NEVER normally do, and didn't even know there WAS an export buried in there til today - and tried THAT export. EXACT SAME RESULT - NOTHING.

Finally killed Firefox, started Chrome, logged in AGAIN, tried the export, and finally got an output file. I have NO idea what'll happen the next time I try in either Chrome or Firefox.

It SHOULD NOT be this difficult to get an export.

What do I need to do to make Lastpass consistently create an export file from whatever browser I'm using in the vault display?

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Export to CSV not working

Both from Firefox plugin, and when going to Web Vault. I click on "Export to CSV" something flashes and then nothing at all. No prompt for a file location, and (more importantly) no file.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Export to CSV not working

Same here.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Me, too.

I have noticed that if I left-click on the Lastpass extension icon in the Firefox toolbar, and go options/advanced/export/csv, the file menu sometimes shows up. It may take multiple tries (4-5?) but I can get it eventually. Hope this helps until they get it fixed.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same problem in Firefox from local vault. On-line access gives page of data in CSV layout which can then be copied and parsed into an excel file.
Highlighted
New Contributor

This still isn't working.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same problem here with firefox. I pay for this software, I expect it to work properly.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I have the same problem. It has been persisting for a couple of weeks now already, it's time for a fix! Data libertion options are important ! It is MY data and I need to be able to access it effectively!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Same problem here on Firefox. But works on Chrome.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: Strange export, no NO export

Something similar is happening to me. I just saw your post. In May 2020 I did an export, so was working then. But several days ago i tried and nothing happens. Advanced > Export > login w/ password .. nothing. I've started a ticket (I'm premium) but the last response was days ago and the "solution" was to remove the LASTPASS extension from FIREFOX and reinstall. Which I've done several times; restarted, logged backin, etc.

nothing.