cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

How do I set up and use Touch ID for the LastPass Mac App?

The LastPass support database actually has an article which exactly matches the subject of this post:

How do I set up and use Touch ID for the LastPass Mac App?

It says, "Feature availability may vary depending on your account type."

Can anyone tell me which account types have this feature available, and which don't?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: How do I set up and use Touch ID for the LastPass Mac App?

Hello,

LastPass Free accounts are not able to use the Touch ID feature for the LastPass Mac app. If you are have a paid LastPass account and are still not able to use the Touch ID feature after following the steps in the article linked in your post, please submit a bug report to our team here so they can investigate and resolve this for you: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-report-a-bug-to-lastpass

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Well, I have an Enterprise license; we pay over $20,000 / year for LastPass.

I've opened a ticket (LastPass Case: 14362608), sent screenshots, and provided all requested info.

And I've heard nothing for a week!

If this is how Enterprise customers are treated, I count myself lucky that I'm not using a Free account.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in a response from the support team. If you are a LastPass Enterprise customer you can always call our Enterprise phone support technicians for help right away.  You can access our Enterprise support number through your LastPass Admin Console > Support, or you can request a callback from the Enterprise support team by clicking "Contact Support" at the bottom of this page and entering your Enterprise account email and name. You should then get the option to request a callback from the team, usually within less than 5 minutes: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121​​​​​​​

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Just looking for answers for this problem too and found this latest thread, so rather than clutter things up I thought I'd chip-in here, that I too, have the same problem....Premium User Account, but no option for using or even enabling Touch ID on my 2020 Macbook Air (Intel)...one of the main attractions for replacing our laptop was the Touch ID feature.

Help!

Highlighted
New Contributor

I called.

All they would say is that it has been escalated to the development team.

If the feature doesn't work, you should remove references to it from your website.

For $23,000 / year, I expect better service.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Steve, thanks for the follow up - sorry for the delay in replying (message-reply email had gone to spam folder 🙄)

For a security-driven company, and fingerprints being so much more secure than passwords, you'd think this would have been of the highest priority to getting sorted...

Cheers anyway....