cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

I'm leaving. It's not me, it's you

My Lastpass Premium expires December 2020. I'll be gone before it expires. It would have been 8 years in December, but 7-1/2 is enough.

I have used this program, I have heavily recommended it to my friends, and required it to be used by my employees, but it's time to say goodbye.

It won't work on specific websites (healthfusion.com most recently), and customer support that used to be fantastic no longer seems to ...care? exist? have the ability or drive to do anything?
I'm not sure why, but cases don't get resolved. They hit the low hanging fruit, but anything else gets "sent to the dev team" where it never gets resolved.

In a recent case a login would not fill. It wouldn't autofill, it wouldn't fill when you clicked Fill. Literally the only way to fill was to copy and paste from Lastpass - this despite showing an indicator that it recognizes the site and has saved information (after following all troubleshooting steps), I received this reply,
"This is an expected behavior. [Read that again please. NOT filling is an expected behavior]
However, the dev team is working on solving this as prompt as possible. You may need to wait for the further update of the application, I'm afraid. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. This is mostly due to the site not allowing extension interference.

But it works with 1Password - the program we'll be moving to - so it's not an extension interference issue. It's a laziness issue. There was a time when you would have a build release for a fix in 24 hours. That was before Logmein took over.
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: I'm leaving. It's not me, it's you

Highlighted
New Contributor

That is also where I may need to end up as well, 1password.
Highlighted
New Contributor

A lot of us premium subscribers are now moving on.
Highlighted
Active Contributor

It's sad really. I became a Lastpass premium user long time ago when Steve Gibson recommended it on Security Now. Many years has passed and I have seen the deterioration the program has been enduring since LogmeIn took over. A year or so ago I stopped my premium subscription because multiple problems just like the one the OP has described, and they were never solved. Today Lastpass works almost only in 50% of the sites I have in my vault, really a shame. I am seeing on a daily basis that the competition doesn't have as many issues like these as Lastpass does, and they quickly fix them when they arise, not like Lastpass

Why I have not moved? I have just not had the time to put resources into this task. But I am starting to think about it very often now. Is it difficult to migrate all your content to a better solution from the competition automatically and without losing any data?

Thanks