cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Important information about changes to LastPass Free

We love being a part of the security routines of more than 20 million users across the world. As our LastPass community of users continues to grow, we need to adapt our offerings to keep up with the constantly evolving digital world. We’re making some changes to how Free users’ access LastPass across device types.

LastPass offers access across two device types - computers (including all browsers running on desktops and laptops) or mobile devices (including mobile phones, smart watches, and tablets). Beginning March 16th, 2021, LastPass Free will only include access on unlimited devices of one type.

Free users who would like to continue using LastPass on both desktop and mobile devices, will have the opportunity to upgrade to Premium at the discounted price of $2.25 per month (billed annually). An email with a link to this special upgrade price is being sent to all current LastPass Free customers and another reminder will be sent before March 16th.

What does this mean for LastPass Free users?

As a LastPass Free user, you do not need to take any direct action at this time. However, if you’d like to continue using LastPass on both your desktop and mobile devices, you can upgrade to LastPass Premium or Families.

Starting March 16, 2021, if you do not upgrade to LastPass Premium, the first device you log in on will become your active device type.

If you would like to switch your active device type, you will be able to do so a maximum of three (3) times on or after March 16, 2021. Learn how to switch your active device type.

Is anything else changing for LastPass Free users?

Yes, effective May 17, 2021, LastPass Free users will have Basic support, while Premium and Families users will receive Personal support from LastPass.
  • Basic support includes support center and Community
  • Personal support includes Basic support options as well as Personal customer support via email

Learn more about these changes.

Issues upgrading? 

Not to worry, the 25% off promotion will be available until March 16th, so there is plenty of time to take advantage of it, and nothing is changing before March 16th.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
220 REPLIES 220
mobank
New Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

Hello,

I just recieved an email about the one device for free account. you offered a discount for the annual plan. 27.00.

when I went to purchase the discount disappeared. please let me know how to get this offer .

Malcolm

Mandomatic
New Contributor

Can you combine two free users into one family plan? Can we also get the 25% off offered on the Family plan as well?
LeeStafford11
New Contributor

this is about the jerkiest thing I've ever seen.  get MM's of users and then screw them all.

thanks for nothing.

Tags (4)
evanpond83
New Contributor

I also want to know if you can combine two free users into one family plan? And if we can also get the 25% off offered on the Family plan as well?

rlb777
New Contributor

I mainly use a Chromebook.  Is that classified as a "computer"?

Scottd1970
New Contributor

We received the announcement but your site is not working. Please email all your customers when you're ready to deliver on it.
KingNothing
New Contributor

Uh, guess I'm off to find another free solution.  You realize this is what the vast majority of people are going to do, right? Do you really think you're going to gain tons of paying customers by trying to paint us into a corner like this?

What a crappy decision.

GoodbyeLastpass
New Contributor

I have never minded paying for useful software, but I do mind being treated like this - this is simply a way to force users to sign up for a paid version, since so few users lives in a single device world. 

net result:  now looking at other available paid password manager alternatives out there. 

Since i want to make a fair comparison, please let us know:

1. How long will the 25% discount apply, is it just the first year or ongoing?

2. if I sign up for the premium plan then later on terminate my subscription, would I lose access to my password vault or just to multi-device support?

3. [as many others have asked] - can I easily migrate 2 or more existing LP accounts into a single Family plan?

PS  LogMeIn has had many complaints from their paying LP customers about their recent changes to Billing Information requirements, and clearly you are not interested in addressing those concerns.  Like many others, I do NOT like providing CC info to be "saved on file"....

sanatarium
Active Contributor

Yep 100%. This is a sleazy way to force users into paid subscriptions. Disgusting. I am more than willing to pay for quality software but to build your password life around LastPass only to have the rug pulled out years later is beyond wrong. Take your tactics and buzz off. Surely the LastPass team knows that almost everyone in their user base uses one mobile device and one computer. Wow. Just awful....