cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milehighguy
New Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

I tried bitwarden. I found one major issue with it for me. I login to the United Airlines employee website often. United allows your password to be pasted into the password field. However they require you to hit a key in that field. I've always just hit the space bar then the backspace key. United accepts that. I've always done that with lastpass and now doing it successfully with 1password. With bitwarden it never worked. I'd hit the space bar and backspace and bitwarden pastes the password back in creating the problem all over again. So if bitwarden was running I literally couldn't login to United employee website. Unfortunately that was a show stopper for me. Happy with 1password. Other than this one issue bitwarden seemed like a decent product. 

Anon112585
Active Contributor

Glad you're happy with 1password, couple questions and an answer for others.

Were you using the free bitwarden or paid?

My bitwarden doesn't autofill at all, not even sure where to tell it to autofill (or not to autofill).

Quick search turned this up

"Just change the URI match detection to never on the entry in the vault."

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

Just a reminder that this community is for LastPass customers. So with all due respect, if you are looking for support for another service I am sure they have their own communities and support resources available.

Thanks.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Travler69
New Contributor

Thanks RachelO that works perfectly

Not sure how to mark this as an Accepted answer but I am happy to confirm 

Thanks

LarKuch
Active Contributor

These changes have pushed me to saying goodbye to Lastpass. I've used it free and premium. The price is now too high for me at $36/yr. I'd do $12-15... Without the sync feature, it's not very useful anymore.

Thanks for the help but goodbye.

jpeeps
New Contributor

Thank you for POSTING! I am transitioning to Bitwarden also.. SO EASY to use, I like it better.. Also didn't realize Lastpass was in bed with LogMein....

LogMein did the same thing to their free users.. Seems like a normal practice..

Bye Bye Last Pass, was fun while it lasted.. but nothing ever lasts forever.

jpenny84
Valued Contributor

@jpeeps When LogMeIn purchased LastPass in 2015, free users only had the choice of using LastPass on a desktop or mobile device. You had to have a premium license to use LastPass on both platforms.

jpeeps
New Contributor

@jpenny84  Hey thanks for the response.... I was just speaking on how logmein was a free service to log into unattended PC's for support and then they started charging their customers, so a lot bailed and used other platforms.... Same as what they are doing with LastPass.

LarKuch
Active Contributor

I used LastPass before 2015 and have always had it on my phone and 2 pcs... I was willing to pay $12/yr  for premium; thought twice, then agreed to pay $24/yr. Then I gave up and went back to free... Now that it's up to $36, I'm thinking very hard. I like a lot of what LastPass does, and would be okay with $20/yr if I had to. But$36/yr adds up to too much for my retirement budget.

sambartle
Active Contributor

It's not the way it was presented or anything like that that's forced me to go to bitwarden... It's the cost.

I was a premium user for years before the acquisition, then I was premium after until you annoumced cross platform for free users, along with massive price increases in premium (3x increase)

My vault (~1300 items) is 260kb exported.. $12 seemed fair for storing and syncing that (and recovering development and support costs etc split across millions of users, then making a nice profit)

As an example you could store ~3400 vaults that size on azure for 2 cents per month!!! (I realise I've simplified here.. but I'm going for ballpark not accuracy. Add traffic costs... It's still not coming to anywhere near a dollar a month let alone 3)

$36 for the same service? For no reason? When cloud costs have come down since you started?! It's not that I can't afford it... It's that I can't understand it or see value in it.

It's a shame too, as when I'm next asked if my company should continue with lastpass... I now know how much better bitwarden works on Android.

So somewhat reluctantly (Lastpass UI is better in some ways (folders), but worse in a few key ones) I've switched.