cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
briden
New Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

You have lost me as a customer.  Currently exporting all passwords to a service that doesn't practice bait and switch predatory tactics

RobertLP
New Contributor

As a customer that was getting ready to change from a free plan to a subscription plan, this change is highly distasteful and has turned me off from the platform. This feels like a bait-and-switch, with your advertisement still showing on the front page "unlimited access on all of your devices." I enjoy the integration and features on the platform, and would hate to have to leave because of company management decisions like this. Please revert this decision.

sanatarium
Active Contributor

So any other suggestions for alternatives? Looks like bitwarden is a good option.
LPuser21
Active Contributor

Thanks for the tip. Im checking it out

Jaran
New Contributor

I'm confused and disheartened by change. I'm new to lastpass and choose it, out of many others, based on reputation in the community.

Question: I mainly use lastpass on computers but do use phone to check other non-password info (e.g. drivers license number or something I have in the vault).  Can I still access the vault on my phone if I choose computer and just not utilize the password management features (it don't really work for most apps anyway).

Question: If I can't use the app, can I still use my phones browser in desktop mode?

Question: Your release says "on unlimited devices of one type" does that by chance mean there will be limited access to the other device types? I mean.. this is a personal account for my wife and I.. We use a couple computers and two phones.

Observation: Enticing folks onto your platform and then changing the terms is really shady. If you want me to subscribe you need to provide value like an enhanced app, more storage space,  or "insert feature here".  When you uncouple the phone and browser I might as well use Google or Apple to manage my passwords.  They are both very free.

Suggestion: If you want to separate the power users and get them to pay I'd suggest something like unlimited PC's and 1-2 mobile devices.  Or unlimited app use and 1 PC.  Trying to make this all or nothing in an interconnected word is basically saying "Pay or go somewhere else".

Suggestion 2: Add ad's to the free version of the secondary devices.  I.e. I pick PC as primary.  When I use the app I have to watch an add.

thanks, I love the product, I appreciate it's free and respect your right to look for revenue but separating PC's and apps in 2021 is not the way to go.

LPuser21
Active Contributor

Of course its just to make money. LP was going great then they sold and now its time for LogmeIn to collect. So sad
4havnfun
New Contributor

I've been a LastPass user for as long as I can remember. I signed up for premium and was a subscriber for years when there was only a nominal fee charged, after all everybody has to make a living and I both supported and promoted the product, encouraging everyone I know to sign up.  When the annual cost tripled i went down to the free version as it did not provide value for money.  Now you are effectively firing me as a customer.  Once I go through the pain of migrating my passwords elsewhere I won't be coming back.  My suggestion is to offer a "premium lite" service that supports multiple devices at a nominal fee.  If you don't change course I can imagine that you will no longer be part of the security routines of many users.  I'll be starting the migration of my data as soon as I figure out who has the best password manager that meets my needs for a reasonable cost and after I start that process I'm gone.

chickenpanda
Active Contributor

Based on others suggestions, I just signed up for Bitwarden.    Export your data from LastPast as a csv, import into Bitwarden directly.    Took all of 2 minutes.

See ya Last Pass.

Sn00zE_ZA
New Contributor

Well this is a crappy move. Looks like its time to jump ship before this platform sells your passwords also!

LPuser21
Active Contributor

I did too. quick and easy folks