cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cleroth
Active Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

I, like many other users, just switched to BitWarden.

Reasons:

1. I despise the bait-and-switch.

2. I have no issues paying for services, though it feels a bit expensive for what I just find to be basic functionality that is provided by other services. I also don't think my friends/girlfriend is going to pay for this, just so I can share some passwords with directly on the application. It's just not worth the minor inconvenience.

3. You provide us with a 25% discount, yet the page to upgrade has been broken for hours. It's also not clear whether this is just for one year or permanent. Then again, given that you've jacked up prices before and now removed features from the Free plan, it's clear nothing is permanent with you, so it doesn't make me want to pay, at all.

4. After announcing possibly one of the biggest changes to your company, you've not answered anyone in this thread, nearly half a day after.

5. In the end, LastPass Premium doesn't really offer much more than free BitWarden. Most people don't care about the premium features in LastPass.

unequivocal
New Contributor

I'm also trying to upgrade (the upgrade pricing is comparable to 1pass and other services, so it seems "fair" in that sense). But I keep getting 504 and 500 errors from the upgrade servers: https://lastpass.com/features_joinpremium4.php?a=1

chickenpanda
Active Contributor

3. You provide us with a 25% discount, yet the page to upgrade has been broken for hours. It's also not clear whether this is just for one year or permanent. Then again, given that you've jacked up prices before and now removed features from the Free plan, it's clear nothing is permanent with you, so it doesn't make me want to pay, at all.

In the email about the changes and the offer it says:

Offer Terms and Conditions:
*Advertised price valid for new users on their first year of LastPass Premium. Price not valid for renewals or existing customers and cannot be used for other LastPass plans, products, or services.

Sounds like a slight discount for new customer upgrades and then its full price.    Like cellphone plans!

nanuk
New Contributor

This is just an attempt to force subscriptions.  Do not pretend for a minute that you don't know people use at least a computer and a phone with one account.  With the  current pandemic affecting people around the world, forcing people to pay now is greedy and despicable.

You could have decided to let existing users keep their current options and apply the new guidelines to new customers only.  Like others here, I'm switching to another solution and will never recommend you to anyone ever again.  

Update: Switched to Bitwarden.  Took 5 minutes.

Catawampus
New Contributor

When referring to "laptops", I take it that a stock Chromebook, of course, with ChromeOS is considered a laptop? I ask since it's not mentioned specifically. Am I correct?

Thank you.

Tags (2)
Cleroth
Active Contributor

Ah, yes. The fine-print. Well, **bleep** that.

JAkzam
New Contributor

I just want to add that I've been using LastPass for over 10 years and NOTHING has been upgraded to the overall services in that time that have warranted any kind of Premium cost increases.

When LogMeIn took it over, they actually took away long-time features that the LP community wanted to be kept on the system, but LogMeIn didn't care.

Now you are pushing more customers away by being greedy, greedy, greedy!!!

I'll be investigating new options, like Bitwarden to overcome my needs for password protection, so I don't have to give your company one cent of my hard-earned money. 

the worst part of this is I just started a new company with a group of people who don't use a password manager and I got all of them introduced to LP. Now in our meeting tomorrow, I have to tell them they need to switch before they get too far into it so they don't have to worry about losing anything in the migration process.

You guys stink! Really!

LPuser21
Active Contributor

Good one

tituszban
New Contributor

Oh LastPass, what have you done?

You have put in a difficult situation. We were going to upgrade to Premium (probably family) at some point in the not too distant future. So were this change any less scum-y you might have even convinced us. But now?

I have recommended your product for years. I now have to send links to all the people I got signed up on how to transfer everything to a different password manager. 

How could you possibly expect people, to upgrade to premium when dealing with such a slimy company.

Tags (4)
ri756
Active Contributor

Well that's a surprise - not.

There is not a snowball in hell's chance that I will be taking up this "offer". Offering quality software at a reaonable price is one thing. What you are doing is being predatory on software that you are not even supporting properly.

I have seen no evidence since you took over lastpass that you are doing anything other than trying to make money out of it whilst putting absolutely nothing into it.

I detest businesses that operate on your principles.

Incidentally, had you done something like Norton and said ok this licence covers, say, 3 devices, of any sort - well maybe. But what you have done further betrays how you work and what you think of your customers.