cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jxmac
Active Contributor

Re: Important information about changes to LastPass Free

I've been trying to migrate off keepass for the last week, precisely because I wanted to try out lastpass across multiple platforms.  But the migration process has been downright awful.  Trying to then use the same product on multiple platforms - every platform I get a different user experience which is insane.

There are some fundamental flaws in the user experience that need be fixed rather than restricting device type and trying to force folk to pay for a product where I dont see some of those basic issues being resolved.  

You've kinda made the choice for me to find another product.

gecafev665
New Contributor

Re: Discount on Multiple Device Initial Sign Up

@mmann001417that discount only works once. LastPass betrayed us all, please consider switching to another provider

WARIO
Active Contributor

Please Just give us a reason! I want to give Lastpass the benifit of the doubt but not replying is giving me doubt.
slynn
New Contributor

This new policy forces us to join another password manager unless we want to pay. It is going to be a real hassle too. We must have the app on our phone; otherwise, we could never sign into any of our apps without knowing the password. Now we're forced to join a new password manager and spend who knows how long getting all of those passwords set up and notes transferred - not cool.

ArionaAllant
New Contributor

Thank you for making my decision to leave your service so easy. Much appreciated!

4havnfun
New Contributor

No response to any of our comments but responding to other threads so I've migrated my data off of LastPass.  Buh bye

ArionaAllant
New Contributor

Yup, I already exported, moved services, and deleted my account. Good riddance.

duhmel
Active Contributor

Last Pass Premium - beginning of Death Spiral

It's humorous that Last Pass, instead of fixing known problems is going to start charging for 'premium' service which includes 24/7 customer support.  Since the company has not fixed the 'Open vault after login' problem that has been posted by over 100 people over the past 6 months, why would customers believe that 24/7 support means anything.  I have been using Bitwarden for two weeks and it is very smooth.  Not as many bells and whistles as LP but at least it works.  Synching with mobile devices works extremely well.

Bye, bye Lastpass

JJADV
Active Contributor

Very sleazy.. can we list the alternatives.. I will be moving as will anyone I know who uses it.

krierewk
Active Contributor

It's quite obvious that the company has no intention to reply, as there is nothing to say.

They dealt their cards. Probably counting on the majority of users not wanting to look for an alternative or thinking that if one exists it would be complicated to use it.

Migrating to Bitwarden took me a grand total of less than 10 minutes, on all devices (PC, Android phone, iPad). It's seriously easy to do. And their premium version costs less, if you need the features (I currently don't).
I'm in no way connected to Bitwarden but had been investigating them some time ago, getting annoyed by LP Android functionality. So far I have to say that, on Android, everything works as it should (so much better than LP).

So, to sum it up: thank you LastPass for nudging me in the right direction.