cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arminale1
New Contributor

Issues when trying to upgrade to LastPass Premium

I've been trying to upgrade to premium from the free plan. However, I keep getting HTTP500 errors when I click the upgrade button in my chrome extension. When I go to https://www.lastpass.com/pricing directly, the monthly price for the options doesn't load, and clicking buy now also leads to a HTTP504 error. Any idea what is happening?

I'm using chrome Version 88.0.4324.150 on windows. I'm in Canada

24 REPLIES 24
Tobith
Active Contributor

Re: Can't Upgrade to Premium

Same here. Pretty hilarious that Lastpass drops a major change to force people to upgrade to premium, but then won't allow people to actually upgrade.

Spiderdoodle
New Contributor

Seeing the same thing here... Chrome, Safari both same result.

Also the Family plan seems better for some usage patterns... is the discount offered in the email going to be available for that as well?

golfinho63
Active Contributor

I have the same problem.
After receiving an email from LastPass (<replies@m.lastpass.com>  about "Changes to LastPass Free") advertising me that "Beginning March 16, 2021, we will be introducing some changes to our LastPass Free experience, (...)", I can not access to the link supplied (UPGRADE NOW), because I´m redirected to a page that DOESN,T WORK, i.e: https://lastpass.com/saml/launch/sitecore?RelayState=/es/buy/premium
I really disagree with the changes introduced in Last Past Free, but it is surreal that it is not even possible to easily upgrade to premium version.

I strongly suggest that discounts for users (as me and many others) that have been using and have been recommending LastPass to colleages and friends during years should be BETTER.
If not, I will seriously consider switching to another application(s) for password custody.

crankeith
New Contributor

I'm seeing the same thing. Tried from the app, the chrome browser extension and going to the dashboard and it all has the same SAML error issue.

finalfrog
New Contributor

Having same issue in both chrome and firefox.

Get this error message whenever I try to upgrade:

"LastPass has detected that the SAML request is being redirected in a way that will not complete. Please verify that your account has appropriate access rights on the remote server."
dennisedwards
New Contributor

Me too. Chrome and Firefox. 

I want to be forgiving -- mistakes do happen, we all make them. But when you send people a message telling them they're about to lose password access on half their devices unless they upgrade, and then you upgrading impossible,... well... that's not exactly a recipe for good will, you know?

finalfrog
New Contributor

Yeah, this is basically a PR worst case scenario. Hopefully they'll get it sorted out shortly.

I know a lot of people are outranged about the changes, but I don't mind subscribing (in fact I thought I already was until a couple weeks ago when they offered me a coupon). LastPass is reliable and easy to use and more than worth $3 a month to me.
dvdbrbgrbrg
New Contributor

Exactly the same situation here, with Safari and Chrome.

I just want to do the flipping upgrade so I can continue having access to both iOS and computer, and I'm getting error messages. I call them and get a phone recording saying to go to online support. I go to online support and chat is disabled. I go to the support community and can't log in.

It's really annoying that they are making the free service inoperable but the upgrade process is not working. I hope it will be fixed before the free service (dual iOS/computer) is discontinued.

golfinho63
Active Contributor

What dvdbrbgrbrg comment is not a good sign to make the decision to upgrade to LastPass premium version.
Goodbye LastPass, hello Bitwarden!