cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

LP Only Works in Edge

LP worked fine for me in all browsers with no problems for 10 years. Last week I was unable to log in. I would enter my credentials, hit enter, and either the password just faded out or a message would pop up that there was an error. This was in the Chrome browser extension. I couldn't log into Firefox either. However, I could log into Edge. Also, I cannot log in directly to the web either. I tried Chrome on a different computer - same thing. The only way I can currently access LP is through Edge. I'm using Windows 10. Has anyone else had this problem or heard about it? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Re: LP Only Works in Edge

To update everyone having this issue:

I have been communicating with LastPass support via their Twitter account. They are aware of this issue and said that their developers are working on it and should have a fix soon (see attached screenshot below). This conversation took place 22 September, 2020.

lastpass-twitter.jpg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

What's the error message that you're seeing?

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I am experiencing the exact same thing. And it seems to be a new login popup box.

In Chrome, I am unable to login via the Extension  or when I navigate to the site itself. I enter my credentials and it just fades away. And I'm unable to get any kind of support.

In Firefox, I was experiencing the same. But this morning, like a miracle, I was able to login.

Highlighted
New Contributor

l

Highlighted
New Contributor

The exact same thing happened to me - Just now, I was able to log into LP via the extension in FireFox. At least now I know it's not just my system or my account. If you haven't notified support, please do so. They need to know. I did, and although they didn't know what was wrong, they were reporting it to the developers. Thank You!!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have the same problem, but with the Firefox extension. I have the latest version of Firefox and I also reinstalled the extension to make sure the problem didn't come from there. I'm on Windows 10.

This problem only occurs with the "new login window" (rounded frame). The only way I found to work around the problem is to close Firefox and when it reopens to very quickly click on the extension and on "Connect" to display the "old login window" (rectangular frame). If I'm too slow, the new version opens !

Unfortunately I don't have a solution either but I would like the LastPass support team to find one because it becomes very painful, I have the same problem on my private and professional accounts (2 different email addresses and 2 different master passwords) and on my 2 computers (both one on Windows 10 and with Firefox extension).

Here is a screenshot of the error message that appears (it's in French because I'm from Switzerland :-)). The user name and password are OK :LastPass connexion.png

Have a nice day !

Highlighted
Active Contributor

To update everyone having this issue:

I have been communicating with LastPass support via their Twitter account. They are aware of this issue and said that their developers are working on it and should have a fix soon (see attached screenshot below). This conversation took place 22 September, 2020.

lastpass-twitter.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Well, I can't wait on the developers. LP stopped working in Edge today. I've reset my account. I imported, but not everything was imported. Aaaargggh!
Highlighted
New Contributor

@tvellidis  Did you hear anything else from LastPass? Just wondering if they got it fixed. I deleted my account, and created another one. No problem with this one, thus far.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Just wondering if anyone else (besides the ones already posted) has had the problems I mentioned in my OP. I hope they've got it fixed by now. (If you're new to this thread, and you didn't read one of my previous posts, LP eventually stopped working in Edge also) I deleted my account, and created another. I looked at several PW managers, but for the price, I believe LP is the best. However, I'm doing things a little different now. Bitwarden has a great open source PW manager (just not as slick as LP, but it's solid) and it's inexpensive as well - less than LP when they first started out (LP - 12.00 a year back then/BW now - 10.00 a year). I'm going to use LP as my main manager, and Bitwarden as my backup. More work, but I lost some business info that was critical. In LP, I used a separate identity for other info, and when I exported, the info in my other identity didn't export.

The only thing I'll say for LP is that nothing like this has ever happened in the 10 years I've been using it. I think 10 years deserves another chance. But if anything like this ever happens again, I'll have BW as my PW manager and delete LP permanently.