cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Last Pass authenticator issue please help

I changed my master password to my Google account I have a Chromebook. All went well except 1 issue.

When I use the last pass authenticator now it says "AUTHENTICATION FAILED" BUT I can type in the 6 digit code & it lets me in I don't see the big screen that had the green check mark and says YOUR IN when you click the green check mark, my settings are set to allow and enabled, so I am stuck can you help??

11 REPLIES 11
Active Contributor

Re: Last Pass authenticator issue please help

I've noticed this issue today, but my master password is same so I don't think changing your MP is the issue... I just think something changed on their end...

Active Contributor

update and still an issue with lastpass Authenticator

Well, It just won't work

So I uninstalled it and tried to re-enroll again & when I get to the scan barcode I get >>>>>>>> Authentication  failed<<< and it won't scan the barcode. I think it also said network error?

Now I can use authy as I have that set up no issue.

I really liked the push notifications I got from the last pass Authenticator it worked great until I changed my password on my Google account and now last pass Authenticator will not work

I did enable the  last pass Authenticator app in the settings on my phone and still nothing......... any idea why?

Active Contributor

WOW... well   I am glad its not just me!!! 

I uninstalled the last pass Authenticator and tried to re-enroll again & when I get to the scan barcode I get >>>>>>>> Authentication  failed<<< and it won't scan the barcode. I think it also said network error?

so now the last pass Authenticator will not even work to enroll my device that runs android 10. I have used the last pass Authenticator since I joined LastPass and really liked it and now I can't use it, 

I also am having an issue with using  SMS codes as a backup in case the 2fa authy setup  doesn't work 

I really liked the push notifications I got from the last pass Authenticator it worked great until I changed my password on my Google account today  and now last pass Authenticator will not work

Active Contributor

I emailed LastPass support they are looking into it. I did set up duo  2FA no issues, so it seems that will work until they see what is the issue with Last pass authenticator. 

Active Contributor

Well, the workaround was setting up duo 2FA I think there must be an issue with last pass authentication because it just won't let me get past the barcode scan, I get the message >>> network failure<<<   that didn't happen with duo or authy  both work 100%.

Active Contributor

yeah... I haven't had any issues uninstalling/reinstalling lp authenticator... just not able to authenticate... For you the only thing I can think of is maybe try to disable lp auth then reenable lp auth in LP... while i didn't have to, i did end up turning off 2fa for lp auth and enabling 2fa for google auth just in case something wonky like some kind of attack on lp auth is happening... who knows...
Active Contributor

Thanks for the reply.  I am going to stick with duo 2FA It does the same thing LP authenticator does.  I know it has to be an issue with LastPass because I had zero issues enabling duo or Authy  both work 100% and when I had to  scan the barcode  it worked the first time. Getting the  "AUTHENTICATION FAILED" has to be on their end but what I find funny is  no one else except you and me have mentioned this issue. 

Active Contributor

There's a thread in the lastpass mobile topic regarding the 2fa, so you're not the only one, in regards to can't auth...

https://community.logmein.com/t5/LastPass-Mobile-Apps/Lastpass-app-2FA-Error-quot-Authentication-fai...

Active Contributor

You should try the 2fa again... mines working... I did another reinstall of lp auth on my phone, disabling lp auth in lastpass account, not using backup in lp auth. In lp re-enrolling after allowing lp auth in lp account, for the the primary, choose edit and this should bring up the barcode. then in lp auth, delete the old account, make a new account by clicking the + and scanning bar code. Finish the process from lp account... For me, I got a working lp auth again... The settings in lp auth needs to be set manually to your liking....