cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ImpetuousRacer1
New Contributor

LastPass Families shows cost as $288?!

So yesterday I received an email about discount for premium since they are forcing you to pay now. The coupon (or purchasing) didnt work the entire today. Today I was finally able to get the link to work. It didn't give me a discount when selecting the families plan. So I purchased the premium at a discounted rate and then wanted to upgrade to the families plan.  I signed up for the free trial of families, then when selecting to pay for the families plan $48 annually (minus $36 from premium already paid), I expected to pay the difference of $12.

Instead, the price is $288!!!!

I only have 4 of the 6 family members. 

The pricing is shown as $4/mo and you get 6 family members. Not $4/mo with a requirement of 6 family members. Is something wrong here or is families really $24/mo, not $4/mo?

Update 1:

Now I just received an updated email from LastPass apologizing for their mess up about the link not working yesterday plus they added a link for the family plan they didn't have yesterday!

At this point, I need to cancel my order and repurchase the families plan, I've emailed support but who knows how long that will take.

What an absolute disaster on how they handled this forced rollout. 

11 REPLIES 11
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Re: LastPass Families $288?!

Hi @ImpetuousRacer1 

LastPass Families is $48.00 USD per year and includes 6 Premium user licenses, at which point did you see the $288 price?  

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
ImpetuousRacer1
New Contributor

When a free user and looking to add families the price was correct.

Now a Premium user, I go to pay the trial families and it shows this...

288.png

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Thank you

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
JM98
Active Contributor

The link to the discounted families purchase https://blog.lastpass.com/2021/02/changes-to-lastpass-free/
Does not work. the premium offers the discount when getting to basket, the family version does not. I have sent an email with teh screenshots but no reply yet. case: 14870394
Manythanks, J
RobertBee
New Contributor

Exactly.  The one month free trial button doesn't work for me.  But actually this is a better discount, 12 vs $4.

RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello everyone,

If you're having difficulty with the Families discount link in our blog post, please use this link instead for the 25% off your first year of LastPass Families: http://www.lastpass.com/buy-families?cp=LPF2021-DT-25CS

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
seakintruth
New Contributor

I just payed for a premium plan, then used the free trial upgrade for 30 days to family. But now and when I attempt to follow the renew link to the family plan I'm quoted at $288 annually how do I get this fixed to the $48 annually I expected?
seakintruth
New Contributor

20210226_175545.png

ImpetuousRacer1
New Contributor

That's exactly path that I took that got me here. They sent an email out for premium only and the link didn't work. The next day it finally worked, so I purchased the premium plan, then enrolled into the family plan trial . That next day they sent out an email with the family plan discount so I went to use it and it's $288.

I've been emailing support since day one. The support is utterly horrific. Each response takes days to receive, they ask pointless questions each time , then send me a link to the family discount purchase link.... WHICH SHOWS $288 AND IS WHY IM EMAILING THEM. The cost should be $9 since I already paid $27 to upgrade to premium.

I've spelled this out clear as day to their support. $9, not $288. I've shown the math, screen shots, etc. Response.. "Here is link to family plan."

How do we get escalated to someone who can actually help?