cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RachelO
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Lastpass Families Discount

Hello,

If you don't see the discount this may be because your account was previously a Premium or Families subscriber, and the discount is not valid for renewals or existing customers. If you have not previously used a paid LastPass plan and are still not seeing the discount, so that our billing team can correct the pricing and apply the discount for your purchase, please scroll down on this page and click Contact Support to open a ticket with Support: https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass/help/how-do-i-contact-customer-support-for-lastpass-lp010121

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Beamur
Active Contributor

The question remains - why would last LastPass show an offer to a current LastPass Premium subscriber to "upgrade" to families with a discount, then not honor that offer.  Bad business, if you ask me.

WhoIsMikeJones
New Contributor

Yes.  This is deceptive marketing.

"You’re a digital security rockstar! You’ve unlocked the Power User coupon for 25% off LastPass Premium!  

Redeem your offer now for unlimited access to Premium-only features for just $2.25/month."

There is no -  *For new users only - condition on this ad that is showing in my LastPass window.

Either honor this discount or add an Asterix statement.  Not only that....but you DO NOT show this discount to accounts that don't qualify.

Total BS from Lastpass marketing.  Huge slap in the face.....RAISE PRICES and then TRICK users into thinking it is cheaper.  Boooo.

cgiAlexis
New Contributor

I'm going to enquire, but if it turns out that they deceptively listed premium discount as being singleton only then that's something for your advertising standards authority to deal with

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html  for example

GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

In case there is some confusion, as we state in our blog post:

If you’d like unlimited device type access and email support, you can upgrade from Free to LastPass Premium for a limited time, for $2.25 per month (billed annually). * You can also enjoy all the perks of Premium for you and up to 5 of your closest friends and family members with LastPass Families for a limited time offer of $3.00 per month (billed annually). *

If you already have a Premium or Families plan the discount links will not work for you.  

If you are currently a LastPass Free customer and want to upgrade to a Families plan, please use this LINK

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
cgiAlexis
New Contributor

THIS!

This link is what people were expecting, could you stick that in your advertising materials please?
tlestach
New Contributor

Hello GlennD, your link does provide a discount for the family plan. The problem is the prices I see are in Euro.

LastPass Families€46.80 (€3.90/month)

Promotional Discount*-€11.70

Total EUR€35.10

Information I read spoke about $3/month. Can you please provide a link that provides the advertised amount in USD?

Thank you.
GlennD
LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

The currency you pay in is determined by your location, however the discount link will still give you %25 off in.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
tlestach
New Contributor

Thank you for your answer.
This makes sense (even though my location does not use EUR).
But since 1EUR ~ 1.20 USD it feels like your service is more expensive in my location than in countries using USD (even though the message advertised price in USD for me).
shangsfanclub
New Contributor

Purchasing family doesn't work

I can't purchase anything and with the trials ending, this pretty much forces me to change password managers then? I fill in all my information, but whenever I want to proceed, nothing happens. Anyone else have this issue?