cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

LastPass Sideload error on Win10 pc

I am trying to determine if the pop up message pictured below is legit and what to do about it.  It comes up on my Win10 pc  but I am not familiar with sideloading or any config settings to enable it.

I did several searches on the LastPass help page and here but I haven't found any reference to it.

LPEM.png

In case the pic doesn't load for you the pop up has the title "LastPass Updater" in the upper left and the error  message reads "We detected that Sideload may not be enabled on your machine.  To ensure LastPass UWP application update is working correctly, please enable sideloading.  For further information contact your system administrator."  

Thanks in advance for any help  or direction!

Tom G.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: LastPass Sideload error on Win10 pc

Hi @Tom_G_2010 

Sorry for any concern, that is a message generated by Windows because our App is not being installed/updated through their App Store. Unfortunately, the wording is a little alarmist. You can read an independent explanation here.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Tom_G_2010 

Sorry for any concern, that is a message generated by Windows because our App is not being installed/updated through their App Store. Unfortunately, the wording is a little alarmist. You can read an independent explanation here.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

Tags (1)
Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi @GlennD ,

Our users get this error screen also from time to time which generates calls to the helpdesk. How can we avoid this screen to popup?

Regards,

Chiel Varkevisser