cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Active Contributor

Re: Remove scrollbar in the UI

Yes, please fix this.  It's incredibly annoying.  What I've noticed is the scroll bar appears when you hover over an action button (Fill, Copy, Edit) because the hover state for the button presents a larger icon, thereby taking up more vertical real estate than is allowed so it expands with a scroll bar.  The scroll bar then shifts all the action buttons to the left to make room for it.  Once the buttons are moved, your cursor is no longer on the button so it returns to an inactive state, removing the need for the scroll bar.  Once the scrollbar is gone, the buttons are shifted by to their original place to the right and your cursor is then again over the action button.  This is what causes the jumping because it's stuck in a cyclical pattern.

New Contributor

Browser Extension on Chromium browser jumps around when I try to click Copy Password button

I'm using Brave browser specifically, it is based on the Chromium browser. When I click on the LastPass extension button and then move my cursor over to try to copy with the "Copy" button, the three LP buttons "jump around" left to right and in some cases it becomes very difficult to click on the correct button. I can't make a video of the behavior because I'm assuming it is a security feature that the capture from OBS does not display the LastPass extension window. This has happened on several computers across several browsers (All Brave) on different OS Linux and Windows.

The only other piece of information that may help is that when the cursor is over the Copy button, a red Copy text appears on the left side of the extension drop down. I think that this extra text is shifting the buttons over to the right causing them to jump around as the cursor is in the middle ground where it is over the button. It seems to be a loop. The copy or LP button jumps out of the way of the cursor when the red text appears. The cursor is no longer over the button so the red text disappears and the button returns to the original position under the cursor. At this point the cycle repeats.

Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Browser Extension on Chromium browser jumps around when I try to click Copy Password button

Hello,

Per this main thread related to this issue, Our development team is aware of this bug in the LastPass extension window for Chrome/chromium and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Once I have more news or an update to share the main thread linked above will be updated.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
New Contributor

Re: Copy button glitch when hovering over item in Chrome extension UI

Ugh, I'd hardly call this "solved." How long does it take to add one line of CSS:

#main .extensionMenuItem.item {
  overflow-y: hidden; // <--- Adding this fixes the issue
  border-width: 1px 0 0 0;
}

extensionDropdown.css line 308

If you want to fix this yourself here's what you need to do:

1. Find the lastpass extension files
    1. Go to your browser's extension manager, and get the id of the lastpass extension
    2. Open a file explorer and go to the folder where per-user application files are stored (varies by OS, "~/Library/Application Support/" on a Mac, "%localappdata%" on Windows)
    3. Search for the extension by that id
  2. Make a copy of the folder for the extension on your desktop.
  3. Inside that folder find extensionDropdown.css, open with a text editor, and add the lines of code above (if you scroll down to line 308 you can just add the highlighted line that sets overflow-y, but adding the whole block should work too).
  4. Remove the file manifest.fingerprint
  5. Edit manfiest.json and remove the line that starts with "differential_fingerprint":
  6. Click the "Load Unpacked" button in your browsers extension manager and select the folder containing your modified extension.

Now hopefully the developers will get a move on and release version 4.62.already.

Tags (1)
New Contributor

Re: Formatting Issue causing 'jiggling'

Issue being discussed here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/Support-Discussions/LastPass-UI-button-glitch-when-hovering-over-it...

I've also provided a workaround for the hardcore (helps if you know a little about web development and can find your way around your OS).

New Contributor

Exactly! Stuff is prioritized poorly when a major interface annoyance with sits in the backlog for months, while it would take 5 minutes to fix it.
New Contributor

Remove Unnecessary Scrollbar for Single Entry List

When I click my LastPass extension button on the top righ in Chrome a menu is opened. At the top of this menu there is a list of stored passwords for whichever site I'm currently visiting. If this list has multiple entires a scrollbar may be needed, if it has a single entry a scrollbar is not needed.

Let us consider the typical case: the list has a single entry. The entry has three grey/red buttons: Fill, Copy and Edit. By default there is no scrollbar.

Here the problem appears: When I hover over one of the three buttons the scrollbar appears, displacing the buttons horisontally:

LastPassFeedback.png

This behaviour is very annoying. When moving the mouse across multiple icons there is even a constant flickering motion as the scrollbar is activated and deactivated.

Suggested solution: Permanently disable the scrollbar in cases that the list of matching passwords has length one.

Tags (3)
New Contributor

Any update??

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Remove Unnecessary Scrollbar for Single Entry List

Hello, @svknoe 

Our development team is aware of this bug in the LastPass extension window for Chrome and are working to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Once I have more news or an update to share I will update this thread.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
New Contributor

Re: Remove Unnecessary Scrollbar for Single Entry List

Thanks Rachel, glad to hear the devs are looking into this.  👍