cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

LastPass Windows Desktop Application and Quicken

Before LastPass for Applications was retired, when I was at the Quicken Vault window to enter my password, I could press Ctrl-Alt-F and the password would be filled in. With the new Windows Desktop Application, when I am at the Quicken Vault window to enter my password and I press Ctrl-Alt-F, nothing happens. How do I enter the Quicken Vault Password automatically?

7 REPLIES 7
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: LastPass Windows Desktop Application and Quicken

Hello,

Once you have added your application in the LastPass app for Windows, you should still be able to use Application Autofill by using that shortcut following these steps:

1. Open the LastPass desktop application and log in with your LastPass username and Master Password.
  2. Select Applications in the left navigation.
  3. Hover over the application, then click Launch.
  4. Click within the username field of your application, then hold CTRL + ALT + F on your keyboard.
  5. Your username and password will be automatically filled in (as well as any other fields and parameters you configured) and log you in to the application.

If these steps don't work for you, could you try uninstalling the LastPass application and reinstalling via the LastPass Universal Windows Installer here? https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
Active Contributor

Is the LastPass for Windows Desktop Application still officially retired? First time I'm trying it. I was able to download it and log on. I was trying to use it with Quicken Deluxe (latest version), but am not able to even add the application to the LastPass for Windows Desktop Application.

I can open the LastPass app, go to Applications, and click the (+) to add a new application entry. But when I save it (click the check mark in the upper right corner), the entry window goes away and the app still says Welcome to LastPass! There are no application items available. 😕

Is this worth even trying to figure out, since the desktop application is apparently unsupported? I was trying to automate the entry of my Quicken password for One Step Update each time Quicken starts.

Thanks,

Brian

LastPass Entry for Quicken Application.png

Tags (3)
LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

LastPass for Applications has been retired, and has been replaced by the LastPass for Windows Desktop application which has not been retired. Could you try uninstalling the LastPass application and reinstalling via the LastPass Universal Windows Installer here and re-adding the application to see if that works? https://lastpass.com/misc_download2.php

Please do note that not all applications will work with LastPass' Autofill due to how they are coded/designed, and this may be the case with the Quicken application.

Active Contributor

Ah, I didn't realize they were separate applications. Thanks for the clarification.

In Windows, it shows I currently have 4.62.0.1913 installed that I installed a couple days ago.

BRIAN-WINDOWS7 - 2021-01-06 18_33_39-Control Panel_Programs_Programs and Features.png

The LastPass for Windows Desktop Application shows version 4.5.0.0 in the About box.

BRIAN-WINDOWS7 - 2021-01-06 18_39_19-LastPass for Windows Desktop.png

Will the link you provided install a newer version?

Finally, when I just went back into the LastPass for Windows Desktop application, it looks like now the numerous copies of the Quicken application I tried to add DID get added in to my vault. And synced to my browsers as well. So that part is working, although apparently slightly buggy.

On the down side, Ctrl+Alt+F does not work with the Quicken application, so I guess that's one of the apps that LastPass won't work with? And if that's Quicken's "fault", then installing a new version of the LastPass for Windows Desktop won't help me, correct?

Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

It is possible that this is an app that the LastPass app is not able to autofill in to due to how it's coded. If you are able to use the Ctrl + Alt + F shortcut to autofill other applications but not the Quicken app, reinstalling the app will most likely not resolve the issue.

New Contributor

I figured out how to get autofill for the Quicken application to work in LastPass for Windows.

Short answer: 

Ensure the Application Title  field in LastPass is set to "Enter Data File Password" DO NOT put QUICKEN into this field.

Long answer:

My problem was that I had put "Quicken Premier" in the Application Title  field. 

You would think that would be correct, as that's what the window says, right?   NOOOOO....

If you look closely, you'll see that the password prompt is in ANOTHER window titled "Enter Data File Password".

Try that and see if it helps you.

Active Contributor

Ha! That's genius!

Slight variation for me. I'm entering the password to my vault, so the One Step Update. Not the password for the Quicken data file. But the concept is the same. The title of that password prompt box is actually Enter password. So I just changed that Application Title to that in the LastPass entry and then CTRL+ALT+F worked like a champ. Brilliant!

Disappointing thing is that I can't edit that Application Title from the LastPass vault in a browser. You have to change it in the LastPass for Windows Desktop Application itself. Minor annoyance. LastPass should make all fields available from the vault. And offer an Add item "type" of Application as well. That's only available in the application also.

Anyway, thanks a TON for the tip!