cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

LastPass does not save generated password

It's frustrating to come here. It happens to me twice:
When I use LastPass by clicking on the padlock icon on the password field, I generate password and "Fill", click submit for changing password, assuming that Lastpass would save the password for me. But no, I can never find that password again, truly ironically that was the last time I see that password. Checking "recently used" also found nothing. Here are some clues for debugging:

Browser that this last happened: Chrome
Site: a MS exchange email site, which does not let me reset password easily, which makes it very inconvenient in this case.
I have 5 saved but outdated password on various subdomains of the same site.

Not to threaten, but a revealing: If this keep wasting my time again, I will consider other solutions.
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Contributor

LastPass does not save generated password

It's frustrating to come here. It happens to me twice:
When I use LastPass by clicking on the padlock icon on the password field, I generate password and "Fill", click submit for changing password, assuming that Lastpass would save the password for me. But no, I can never find that password again, truly ironically that was the last time I see that password. Checking "recently used" also found nothing. Here are some clues for debugging:

Browser that this last happened: Chrome Version 60.0.3112.113
Site: a MS exchange email site, which does not let me reset password easily, which makes it very inconvenient in this case.
I have 5 saved but outdated password on various subdomains of the same site.
When I submitedt password on the site, there was a dialog of Chrome asking me about saving the password, I chose "Cancel" instead of "Save" thinking it should not interfere with LastPass

Not to threaten, but a revealing: If this keep wasting my time again, I will consider other solutions.
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: LastPass does not save generated password

For those, like me, that have also struggled with this....from somewhere hidden in LastPass support...

(https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=7356)

"You can find a history of recently generated passwords by clicking on the lastpass extension > generate password > click on the down arrow in the password field.
Note: Generated passwords will only store history for those created in the same session. If a new login session is created, previously generated passwords will not appear."

I finally found this and it saved me a lot of headaches. Not nearly as good as if it worked properly to begin with, but better than hassling with PW resets that aren't automated.

Hope this helps.