cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

LastPass login/session expiring issues under Firefox 84.0

Hi,

The icon for LastPass plugin stays yellow (not fonctioning) on Firefox 84.0 (on macOS 11.1), after I enter my password. After rebooting Firefox, I am prompted to enter my password again and it again becomes yellow.

The plugin seems to be working as it asks me whether I wanted to save a new password. But I cannot use the vault, generate a password, and so on, through the icon in the Firefox menu bar.

It is the plugin version 4.62.0.6.

I've also experienced issues under Chrome, but I rely less on that one.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
New Contributor

Re: LastPass plugin issues under Firefox 84.0

Had this problem (yellow icon with spinning safe when clicked on) in Firefox 83, then updated to 84 and was able to login again. Hopefully problem will not appear again.
New Contributor

The issue remains one month later (now Firefox 84.0.2 but still plugin version 4.62.0.6) and makes the plugin much less useful than usual. I can't access the LastPass vault, do search through my pw, generate a new one, or even login through the icon on the tool bar. I am also a Premium customer, and don't understand why it's taking so long to fix something that makes the product barely usable.
New Contributor

One small work around that I've found .. when Last-Pass gets stuck, right-click on its icon and pick Manage Extension. Then on the extension screen, disable LastPass for 2-3 seconds and then re-enable it and it will reset to a working state (at least for some time).

New Contributor

Thanks for the tip! It seems the issue is connected to the latest version of Firefox (version 84), to me it happens when the browser is long open. Somehow the plugin hybernates but doesn't wake up when I try to use it again. It works again if I restart the browser but then I lose the websites that are open and I want to access. In earlier Firefox versions, the plugin locked itself if the computer went asleep and then I needed to sign in again to activate it. It seems this feature doesn't work in the new Firefox version.

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello,

Our developers are currently working to resolve issues with the LastPass extension for Firefox not staying logged in, and hope to have a resolution soon. I will update this thread as soon as I have more news or an ETA for an update.

RachelO is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudos!
New Contributor

Thanks for addressing this. Just to confirm that I have the same issue with the Lastpass add-on expiring. Firefox 84.0.2, Lastpass Firefox extension 4.62.0.6

Gordon